Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA2X Pro and FCB1010

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter J

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: PA2X Pro and FCB1010 Reply with quote

Hi All,
I know from previous posts that many of you are using the Behringer FCB1010 for midi control of your keyboards and I am seeking advice as to programming the FCB continuous pedals which I have failed to get working on my PA2X.

Originally I set up my variation, fill, ending controls successfully by programming the FCB manually and at that time I could not get the continuous pedals to work and frankly given the difficulty of FCB manual programming [it is a pig to program] I gave up pending an easier solution. Having read on this forum of the availability of FCB 1010 software for programming, I have now used this and it is much easier but I have still failed to get the continuous pedals to work.

Currently I have used midi channel 16 as control channel and the Global/Midi In channel on the PA2X is set at default with channel 16 as control. I would like to possibly use the 2 FCB continuous pedals to control Upper 1 and 2 volumes [or expression?] independently or perhaps rotary speaker speed. In order to do this, I have set a control change of 7 with range 0 - 127 in the FCB software for each pedal -- should it perhaps be 11 [expression] --- but the pedals have no effect. I suspect that I may have to set different midi channels for Upper 1 and 2 but have not been able to get this working either.

I read an interesting post from Karmathaneva dated 12 Dec 2007 in which he gave some details of his FCB/PA2X set up which seemed to be ideal and if he could perhaps help I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

PA2X Pro
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Peter,

The "secret" lies in the Pa2x itself. In the MIDI -> MIDI IN page set say channel 1 to "Global" and then save the setup.

Now, anything set to MIDI channel 1 including the FCB1010 will act exactly the same way as any controller on the Pa2x and will operate all channels together in OMNI mode.

Also any external keyboard set to Channel 1 will behave exactly the same way as the Pa2x embedded keyboard, splits, multiple voices, transpose etc.

I think this will resolve the problems you are facing.

Best regards,
Rob
Peter J

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,
Thank you for your prompt reply.
I tried setting channel 1 on the PA2X Global / Midi to Global but it did not work. However, when I set Channel 1 to Upper 1 and Channel 2 to Upper 2 on the PA2X and set the FCB1010 Exp A and Exp B pedals to channels 1 and 2 respectively it did work!
On another point, I am not clear as to how the switch 1 and 2 on the FCB may be used. Firstly is the connecting lead between PA2X and FCB just an ordinary jack to jack mono [guitar type] lead and secondly can the FCB be set to trigger Switch 1 from one of pedals 1 to 10 or only the Up pedal and if so how? Using the Up pedal for triggering switch 1 would not seem practical even if you are using only a single bank of presets as otherwise, if I understand correctly, with this mode you need 2 key presses to change to a new preset either in the existing bank or a new bank.
Thank you for setting me in the right direction re the expression pedals.

PA2X Pro
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter,

You might like to join the FCB1010 user group(s) ...

http://www.ossandust.be/midi-footcontroller-links.php

There is an EPROM firmware upgrade available called UNO (you buy the chip and carefully fit it yourself) that acts in "Stomp Box" mode which is probably what you need. The various PC-based editors also work with the UNO software.

Best regards,
Rob
Peter J

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,
Thanks, I'll look into that.

PA2X Pro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: