Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Frustrated Much

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wizrdkontrol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Frustrated Much Reply with quote

I have a question, how is it i can trigger vst synths with my micro sampler,
but I can't trigger the micro sampler using my midi sequencer? Does anybody have any ideas? I read the manual, but it does not explain midi implementation very well. I suppose I could use it just as a controller but that wasn't what I bought it for. Also, using the quantize function is a pain, and my patterns are all over the place, should I just turn it off? Any ideas on these subjects would be appreciated. Does anybody also notice how other people make this thing look easy to use? Thanks Peoples Shocked
Conkrete

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under the global settings there is an option to allow USB MIDI in. As far as I've seen you cannot use the MS as a controller for the PC while simultaneously controlling it with the PC. I can't understand why you would need to though. As far as the quantize goes, that sounds like a personal issue. It works just as well as any other quantize I've ever used. The workflow of this machine takes some getting used to, but once you understand it the ease of use is there.
3sleeves

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's one or the other...you can only use it as a slave or master I believe. There is no MIDI THRU feature on the MS as far as I am aware. You could theoretically use the MS to send MIDI data out via USB and MIDI OUT simultaneously, but that option has to be selected under GLOBAL settings. That's my guess anyway, I am no MIDI expert by any means.
floccipocci

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few things that may contribute to your quantize problem:

1)For keyboard playing: Setting the improper quantize setting. Wrong setting 8th note quantization if you are recording 16th note patterns. Happens to me sometimes. (Oh! If you're playing swing, might need to set a quantize setting 1 resolution higher. For example, 8th note swing requires 16th note quantization.)

2)For sample/loop triggering: Sometimes it is due to recording punch-in errors. (That is, when you were sampling, you punched-in too early or too late). So the sample/loop start is slightly off beat from the other samples/loops. Quantization does not help sync a slightly offbeat loop. This happens to me a lot.
3sleeves

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@floccipocci: You're right about the swing, it sometimes messes me up when I choose 16th triplets by accident. What I find helpful is to set the quantize to 8 and record a hi-hat line to use instead of the metronome. That loud click sound can really be a monkey wrench when I'm trying to get into making my drum tracks. With the cymbals in place I'll turn off the metronome (and often quantize as well) before recording the other parts. The flashing tempo button is a sufficient guide most of the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: