Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using the KARMA with a controller?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iWood

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:54 pm    Post subject: Using the KARMA with a controller? Reply with quote

I'm planning on getting a controller to manage all my various boxes, 'boards, and suchlike.

Is there anything special I need to know about controlling the KARMA via MIDI? I seem to remember something about needing full, 16-channel MIDI output from the controller, but I could be wrong.

Many thanks,

IW
SCHWEATS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many pieces of gear do you want to control ?

Whatever controller you purchase, if the number of devices you want
to control is more than the number of midi-out jacks , then, you'll need a
a box with multiple ins and outs. Or , you can daisy chain all the devices via midi cables from one device to the next. If you go that route, make sure you draw yourself a diagram of what device is on what (global) channel.

As an example....
If you use a MOTU Midi Time Piece (8 in x 8 out) or similar , then you'd have all 16 channels available on each port AND you'd have a computer interface built in for whatever computer you might want to use. Mac or Win

Hope this helps - Schweats
[/url]
iWood

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My post was probably confusing...I just want to make sure that the KARMA doesn't have any peculiar requirements if I want to control it with a controller. I want to make sure that it'll do what it does now, using a controller instead of its own keyboard. I had some wacky idea that a controller needed multiple simultaneous MIDI output to get the arpeggiator to do its thing, but I'm pretty sure I was just confused.

In other news, I'm looking at the Akai MPK88 as a controller now...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Karma All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: