Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

was
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tpantano
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: was Reply with quote

was this an apr. 1 joke
X-Trade

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking the same thing, however I just watched this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeVx5PQERKE

not sure why there is a mouse on the screen though, is it some kind of emulator? Confused
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
iD4rK

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

This is SO stupid, they could at least have it released as VSTi.

This is going to make the Electribe people more angry than they already are... and they release it for 10 dollar, and the hardware electribes costing 750, what a f*ck*ng joke. Confused
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
I was thinking the same thing, however I just watched this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeVx5PQERKE

not sure why there is a mouse on the screen though, is it some kind of emulator? Confused

Your looking at it running in the SDK.
Wait until the iPad is officially released and KORG make their announcement.

Regards
Sharp.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iD4rK wrote:

And they release it for 10 dollar, and the hardware electribes costing 750, what a f*ck*ng joke. Confused

But it is based on the ER-1, not the EMX or ESX, so considerably more limited. Although I think I see 'unlimited' motion sequencing going on in that video?

anyway, you can pick up a used ER-1, EA-1 or ES-1 for about £100-£150
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
iD4rK

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, maybe they release the iEMX/iESX for 20 dollars. Laughing
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iD4rK wrote:

I think your forgetting the fact that KORG are not producing any hardware here. The App Store also makes things a lot simpler for KORG as they don't have to worry about losing money on piracy or deal with distribution costs.

Not to mention the fact that the iPad will be hugely popular regardless of what people might think.

Regards
Sharp
iD4rK

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this is allowed to say, everything is hackable, and so is Appstore! (or better said, it's software. just being realistic, not trying to promote pirated sofware). Hardware at least is not afected by piracy (expansion sets are).
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iD4rK wrote:
Not sure if this is allowed to say, everything is hackable, and so is Appstore! (or better said, it's software. just being realistic, not trying to promote pirated sofware). Hardware at least is not afected by piracy (expansion sets are).

Sure, given enough time everything can be cracked but to run cracked software on an iPad some elite hacker is going to have to hack the actual iPad OS first and then upload the tools needed for the end users to unlock their unit and flash it with a cracked OS.

From that point onwards you have to be pretty committed to the cause and willing to brick your iPad while you flash it with a cracked OS.

Just when you get it done, apple issue a new update that offers some bug fixes or a feature you like and your back to square one again waiting for some elite hacker to crack the OS again and so on.....

Surly not even the worlds most miserable tight ass person would even bother with all that just to get access to a program that costs 10 bucks. If anyone anyone is going to run a cracked OS in the iPad it will be for other reasons.

Regards
James
tpantano
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iD4rK wrote:
This is going to make the Electribe people more angry than they already are... and they release it for 10 dollar, and the hardware electribes costing 750, what a f*ck*ng joke. Confused

chh, actual physical tubes are totally worth the $740
Roymaya

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad it wasn't a joke. This was the first app I bought for my iPad and it is dope. It's pretty responsive too. Too bad there's no export functionality. Maybe in the next update.
tpantano
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roymaya wrote:
I'm glad it wasn't a joke. This was the first app I bought for my iPad and it is dope. It's pretty responsive too. Too bad there's no export functionality. Maybe in the next update.

how will it export? does the ipad have any special ports? im about to google it
FranzK

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: iELECTRiBE RULES! Reply with quote

I tried iPad yesterday, it is GREAT.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWOJG1M4tUo

They had a simple synth app on the demo unit?
You could play CHORDS on the screen with the multi touch. Great

iWas just thinking KORG should do this! They read our minds.
Let's hope they do the other units of the series too.
And I want my ARPEGIATOR ribbon, please? Wink
OR even better, a KAOSSILATOR pad on the side to feed into it?)

I have FIVE hardware electribes, and I am totally pleased about this Wink
I am 100% decided to get an iPad, and now it can simulate the
iNstrument I know and love.

(Still, it's not a real electribe, because there are no touchable knobs / buttons,
and no real tubes,
but it seems about as close as you're likely to get in software!
it would indeed be good to do this as a VST, probably not hard to port...
(perhaps a VSTi that includes "super electribes" with unlimited
voices and effects layers added? Wink

making apps is almost "pure profit" because there's no metal or plastic
(you just have to pay the developers!)

Sharp wrote:
iD4rK wrote:

I think your forgetting the fact that KORG are not producing any hardware here. The App Store also makes things a lot simpler for KORG as they don't have to worry about losing money on piracy or deal with distribution costs.

Not to mention the fact that the iPad will be hugely popular regardless of what people might think.

Regards
Sharp
Very Happy

KORGLECTION: FIVE Classic ELECTRIBES, FIVE KAOSS!
3 Volca, iPads, Three DS10, Monotron, Classic O1W/FD

See my videos! KORG and other Synths and Apps,
VJing, Animation, Games etc.
www.youtube.com/vjfranzk
shabbee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iD4rK wrote:
Shocked

This is SO stupid, they could at least have it released as VSTi.

plus the cost of an iPAD
darwiniandude

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: I'm pleased Korg is going out on a limb here Reply with quote

Korg, THANKS! You rock.

Roland and Yamaha are too stuck in their ways to even risk attempting this. They'll keep trying to make over priced synth workstations and stand alone hardware till they go broke. Honestly, this app is the an indication that Korg understands where the future is.

Remember folks, Korg made wavestation, MS20 M1 etc software plugins. Korg's prepared to risk the piracy stakes. I think Apple's platform is a safe bet, piracy isn't anywhere near that on the PC, it's much harder for the average joe.

I will buy all your apps, keep 'em coming.
Definitely do more electribes or maybe a legacy cell, eg 2x MS20, 1x something else with some effects.

Thanks!

And folks, despite it's appearances, this isn't a modern electribe, it's the old ER1 Rhythm Electribe. Analog drums only.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: