Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

radias 9 pin mini din replacement cable???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtray187

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: radias 9 pin mini din replacement cable??? Reply with quote

So I lost my mini din cable, ordered a new one and it isnt transmitting any info.
Does the radias only work with korg mini din cables, or did I just get a bad cable?
slammah2012

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: radias 9 pin mini din replacement cable??? Reply with quote

dtray187 wrote:
So I lost my mini din cable, ordered a new one and it isnt transmitting any info.
Does the radias only work with korg mini din cables, or did I just get a bad cable?

Where did you find a 9 pin mini din that wasnt from Korg?
Currently running, Hammond M3, Yamaha CS80 + MM6, Roland JX-3P + Mkb 1000 + Vk7 + D110, Alesis Quadrasynth plus, Haken Continuum fingerboard, Korg Radias + Lambda, Ensoniq SQ80, Waldorf Blofeld, Creamware Prodyssey + B4000, Use Audio Plugiator, Arp Axxe ....and some soft synths.
nene

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

I believe i have a faulty cable as well. Have contacted the local Korg dealer and they have told me that they do not carry it and have told me to get it from a third party cable shops.

does yours work out in the end?
slammah2012

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: hi Reply with quote

nene wrote:
I believe i have a faulty cable as well. Have contacted the local Korg dealer and they have told me that they do not carry it and have told me to get it from a third party cable shops.

does yours work out in the end?

The local dealer will need to "order" it from korg.....

I got one 2 months ago ... it took 2 weeks to order from Korg Canada...
unfortunately.... longer ones don't exist.... I would kill for a 6 or 9 foot version for rackmounting as the 9 pin doesnt eat up a midi input...

i had to make my own by cutting in to my original cable and splicing in a chunk of printer cable to make the extention... Embarassed
Currently running, Hammond M3, Yamaha CS80 + MM6, Roland JX-3P + Mkb 1000 + Vk7 + D110, Alesis Quadrasynth plus, Haken Continuum fingerboard, Korg Radias + Lambda, Ensoniq SQ80, Waldorf Blofeld, Creamware Prodyssey + B4000, Use Audio Plugiator, Arp Axxe ....and some soft synths.
axxim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: hi Reply with quote

slammah2012 wrote:
.... I would kill for a 6 or 9 foot version for rackmounting as the 9 pin doesnt eat up a midi input...

Ok I will tell you who do you have to kill.... later Very Happy

If you think you can assemble your own cable, here some links that may help:

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=CP-2090-ND
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=CP-2190-ND

Since I'm not home I can't verify if the connector has the same pinning, but it's the only mini-DIN found with 9 contacts and should fit. A look at the data sheet shows how they are assembled.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyi18932rUoHqUTEpsykkIg
dave5654

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: 9 pin mini din cable Reply with quote

Here is where I found a replacement cable but they only had 3ft ones. I don't know if you could request longer ones.
http://www.excesssolutions.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=ES2533
montyg4boy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Where to find a 9-pin mini din cable m/m or m/f Reply with quote

I also found a 9 pin mini din cable that took some finding..the exact is manufactured in China at a cable compnay but to access it domestically in the US try this site:
http://www.stockcable.com/md9mm12.shtml
Hope this is any help.
soundsailer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so these 3rd party 9 pin cables will work?
montyg4boy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Where to buy a 9 pin mini din cable for Korg M3,etc. Reply with quote

The part number for the 9 pin mini din cable is 500475103752. If you call Korg(631.390.8737) they dont sell it but will direct you to a distributer called "Parts is Parts". Thier number is 802.365.7257. Give them the part number and place a order which comes in 2-3 business days. The cord is $15.00 plus $4.00 for shipping with a total of $19.00.
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

Cool
gh1b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Radias Cable Reply with quote

The cable is available at www.korgparts.com. It will redirect you to guitar-parts.com.

The part # is 500475103752. ( The same montyg4boy mentioned). Hope this is helpful to future seekers of this cable.
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if its possible to find an adapter o even a 9 pin to midi cable so you can use the m3 Keybed with any standard midi device.

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
X-Trade

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apex wrote:
I wonder if its possible to find an adapter o even a 9 pin to midi cable so you can use the m3 Keybed with any standard midi device.

No.

For many technical reasons..
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Don Audio Labs

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
apex wrote:

No.

For many technical reasons..
Hi X-Trade!

Can you please elaborate or explain this a bit further?

The M3-88 RH3 is quite a nice keyboard and i would love to natively play other midi-devices with it.

Thank you
kraydad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject: Replacement 9 pin Cable Reply with quote

There is a 9 pin mini din cable to replace the Radias factory cable available at kraycables.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: