Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M50 freeze while playing (note on forever, no button works)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

manjeroque wrote:
my M50-73 serial number is #003555 and never had a problem Laughing

I've NEVER seen a 73 key have that problem. It's always 61 keys from what I see... It is upsetting to see that it is still happening. Jerry's explanation was that it was on a VERY limited early run but was since fixed.

not good...
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrteclas wrote:
My M50 is #017807. It freezes every time I unplug it to move it somewhere else. If I turn it on and off step by step, it works fine, if not, it freezes, and needs to be shut down and powered again.

I'm taking it to tech service in a week or two (they are on vacation)

mmm but what do you mean with "turn it on and off step by step" ?

i hope you shut down the m50 using the on/off switch before unplugging it..
synthasound

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: freezing Reply with quote

my m50 (yellow LE) was doing it too..didnt matter where or when. brought it to a tech who re-installed and updated software. no trouble since. 011754 S#
Laurakee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also having this same problem. I have a m50-88. I have only had it since October, but I never had a problem until yesterday. It froze twice last night and 4 more times today. I can only play it for at most 5 minutes before it freezes up. Tried doing a master reset, but it didn't help at all. I am so very disappointed! I absolutely loved my keyboard, but I can't use it if it is going to continue to freeze up every few minutes. I haven't changed anything with my configuration, so I have no idea why it is suddenly acting up. My serial number is 2164.

Jerry, who do I need to contact or what do I need to do to see about getting this fixed? I am absolutely sick over this.
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have to contact either the shop where you bought it or an authorized korg assistance center.

even if never officially stated by korg, the problem should be related to failed capacitors that have to be replaced; since, for what i know, there is nowhere the information about what capacitors are to replaced i guess only korg technician can repair your m-50
eltmatt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my m50 61 keys has started doing this Sad
Akdmeh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, tell serial number and date of purchase.
botielus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: m50 vs krome Reply with quote

Hi all, Does anyone know if the krome is better built than the m50? I'm needing new keyboard, liked the sounds of m50 in store better than krome, but have read about all the issues with the m50 (and discontinued so quickly?). So I'm a bit afraid of buying a used m50. But I see a 73 key or whatever one, so maybe try that out.

Anyhoo, I might have to jump ship from korg to the yamaha mx06. I'm gonna miss the familiar nice large touch screen, but dependability is more important for me nowadays! I bought an extreme brand new a couple years ago and it turned out to be a lemon (after warranty dontchya know!).

I still love my T3 and use it, but it has issues where I need a better/newer board (broken joystick - thanx airlines, couple buttons bad, light gone) - but damn, the sounds on that blow away my new korg microstation (sounded great with headphones in store, but once using live a few times, the sounds for most part are way "thinner" than T3's).
beejee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Freezing Reply with quote

Yes, the freezing is due to two wrong SMD capacitors 47uF/16V. Bring the piano to service and they will repair it.
engineerjoel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the M50-73 key. Serial number: 008949. I have not (yet) had the freezing issue. The keyboad use stays powered on 10-12 hours per day and have not had a problem..yet.

I wonder if my serial number is an updated no-freeze version.
Ajbbklyn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If memory serves, the 73-key version of the M50 was released a bit later than the 61 & 88 key models. Although not completely immune to the issue, the 73s by and large have been trouble-free. In fact, all three models have been relatively trouble-free. But, the freezing has been reported with enough frequency so that it is a known issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: