Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T-Series and DSS-1 (DSM-1?)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: T-Series and DSS-1 (DSM-1?) Reply with quote

Being a long time Korg fan (DSS-1, Trinity, NS5R, K61p w/M1 Le, KMX-166 Smile ) I recently acquired a T2EX. Love the machine, and from my previous experience with Korg synths I was confident that I'll find plenty of resources on the net (such as disks with PCM data, and so forth - obviously not really aimed at the M1 reusable 'placebo' SYX files).

I was wrong. Crying or Very sad

Anyone out there who can make my life worth living again by sharing some of their T-series disk images or specific T-series files? I would be quite happy to compile a resource repository from such contributions if there's a demand, just to help out poor fellas like myself. Cool

P.S.: do you guys use Omniflop, too - or maybe a different SW to create disk images? I liked CopyQM, but Omniflop is my new friend since moving to WinXP (just recently Very Happy ).
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: DSS to T2EX via DSM Reply with quote

I need some help to transfer multisamples from my DSS-1 to the Korg T2ex. This latter can read multisamples from DSM-1 performance disks, but I don't have a DSM-1 and have no knowledge how to create one without an actual DSM-1.

Anyone has a suggestion how to do this without the DSM-1? Or maybe I post a DSS-1 disk image and someone transforms this on his DSM-1 and sends back the resulting image to me? As far as I know DSM-1 reads DSS-1 disks, right? The T2 does not, unfortunately...

Any takers for this challenge?
Thanks for whatever help or idea you might contribute towards solving this problem!
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a second T2ex few days ago just for the fun of it - and fortunately it came with a hadful of disks.

So, as soon as I can (probably in a couple of months) I will try to create an initial repository with these as proposed earlier. In the meanwhile if anyone is interested in trading disk images, feel free to PM me or post on this thread.

I emphasize the word 'trading' because initially I'd like the repository to work on this basis, so as to really grow to an interesting place for T-ers.
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - I'd be interested in contributing. I have a T3 ex and love it to bits; will never part with it!

I have the following disks:

Factory sounds
Piano & synth
'Variety' - can't remember what is on it just now :-/
Brass and Orchestra
Maximum Organs
M1 Clone
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi cello,

I'm so glad finally someone picked-up on this topic.

Currently I have the following 'factory' disks:
TSD-00P1 T1/T2ex/T3ex Standard Factory Preload Disc
TSD-01 Korg Synth T-Series PCM Disc
TSD-02 Korg Drums T-Series PCM Disc
TSD-04 Korg Combination 2 T-Series PCM Disc
TSD-05 Korg Combination 3 T-Series PCM Disc
TSD-06 Korg Fretted Inst T-Series PCM Disc
TSD-07 Korg Ethnic T-Series PCM Disc
TSD-08 Korg Sound Effects 1 T-Series PCM Disc
TSD-09 Korg Environment 1 T-Series PCM Disc
TSD-10 Korg Voice T-Series PCM Disc
TSD105 German T-Ram work disc 5

I have a few more, but I don't know how to identify them with a 'universal' ID. If you're interested in any of the above or the ones I could not identify so far, please pm me!

Can you somehow identify more specifically the disks you've listed? Is there a label on them to scan/take a picture of?

I've found a brief list on the net (cannot find it now) with some 50 disks, is there a more complete list?

It looks like this:
Quote:
Disc 02 400 Programs / 400 Combis
Disc 03 400 Progs/Combis: M1 Preload/ JC Sounds / AMG Sounds / M1 New
Disc 04 400 Progs/Combis: RittorMusic/Metra Sound /Voice Crystal/ Leicester snd
Disc 05 400 Progs/Combis: Valhala /Synth Valley/ Big lizards/ Polychromy
Disc 06 400 Progs/Combis: Coster/Sound Source, Metra Sound 2/ SSFilm Lecture
Disc 07 400 Programs / Combis
Disc 08 SSU Best M1/M1R / SSU Organs
Disc 09 MSC-09 M-1 Organ Card Program and PCM
Disc 10 400 Progs/Combis: BunMay/Akira/World Omnibus/M1 Rhythms
Disc 11 Canada Organ Collections
Disc 14 TSD-03 Korg Combination 1 T-Series PCM Disc
Disc 22 TSD101 German T-Ram work disc 1
Disc 23 TSD103 German T-Ram work disc 3
Disc 24 TSD104 German T-Ram work disc 4
Disc 26 TSD106 German T-Ram work disc 6
Disc 27 TSD107 German T-Ram work disc 7
Disc 28 TSD108 German T-Ram work disc 8
Disc 29 TSD109 German T-Ram work disc 9
Disc 30 TSD110 German T-Ram work disc 10
Disc 31 Sound Source Unlimited French Horn
Disc 32 Sound Source Unlimited Hammond B3
Disc 33 Sound Source Unlimited Violas Attack
Disc 34 Sound Source Unlimited Celtic Harp
Disc 35 Sound Source Unlimited Afterbuners 2001
Disc 36 Sound Source Unlimited Sonoma Ranch
Disc 37 Sound Source Unlimited VS Teck
Disc 38 Sound Source Unlimited Prepared Instruments
Disc 39 Sound Source Unlimited Ethnic Percussion
Disc 40 Sound Source Unlimited Classical Organ
Disc 41 Sound Source Unlimited Rock Kit
Disc 42 Black Box Samples
Disc 43 Star Trek Samples & SEQ song
Disc 44 Wavestaion MiniLead & Octave Strings
Disc 45 Legendary Masters Pop Voices
Disc 46 PCM Pipe Organ & Harpsichord
Disc 47 Skippy PCM
Disc 48 Mini Moog PCM
Disc 49 Sound FX – Bells/Thunder/Rain/China
zendium0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Korg T series Repository Reply with quote

Hi again SynthJoe!

I feel your idea of an omniflop T series repository is great.
Would like to collaboare with that project. As I wrote you in the pm I am trying to start up my new T3 with a factory disk.

I have a midi controller coming in from ebay: could see if I can dump the sysex files I have (maybe 2000 patches, but none on the T3!!!!) back on and then make disks and disk images.

Keep in touch!

Frederico
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg T series Repository Reply with quote

Frederico,

Have you received my PM?

zendium0 wrote:
Hi again SynthJoe!

I feel your idea of an omniflop T series repository is great.
Would like to collaboare with that project. As I wrote you in the pm I am trying to start up my new T3 with a factory disk.

I have a midi controller coming in from ebay: could see if I can dump the sysex files I have (maybe 2000 patches, but none on the T3!!!!) back on and then make disks and disk images.

Keep in touch!

Frederico
stovuk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member here but I have the same passion as most of you Smile

As we know, T2ex couldn't read DSS-1 sample disks, only DSM-1, so I find some DSM-1 disk libraries for free download @ Larry's DSM page (wiseguysynth).

Here is a link:http://www.wiseguysynth.com/larry/dsm-1/disk-dsm.htm

There is around 30MB of samples.

BUT, when you download this DSM-1 sample disks they are in .DSK format and you need a CopyQM soft to write this .DSK images to DS2HD floppies and then load to T2ex. CopyQM can run only under Win98 ):

Ok, I try to run it on XP under Win98 Compatibility Mode, it starts well, but when I try to write .DSK images to floppy, I've got a message - "Unusable Diskette". Don't worry, I always use brand new DS2HD diskettes. Where is the problem? Maybe I must run CopyQM on real Win98?

So, I really don't know how to convert all these sample images (.DSK) to floppy disks... Can anyone help??

Of course, I'm interested to collect all samples for T2ex so if anyone can send me some links I'll appreciable that.

Thnx in advance

Stovuk
Carlb1058

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow on from http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=75507 to save starting another thread.

Disk 1: Synth
Fantasy, Synbass 1, 2 & 3, Synbrass, Reverse, Lub, Synorch, Air, Pad, Pick
Disk 2: Drums
Metal BD+SN, Rock, BD+SN, Jazz BD+SN, HiHats, Crash, Ride, Low, High, Mid
Disk 3: Combi 1
Synthpad, Bottle, Strings 4, Syncwave, Midi Bass, Pluck, Bell Wind, Perc Bell, Pizz Wave, Corkpop
Disk 4: Combi 2
Horns, Strings 5, Woodwind, Pizzi, ShakuH2, Cello, Time Roll, Orch Hit
Disk 5: Combi 3
Airvox, PCMSynth, Vocals, Bellpad, Lub Bass, Clac 3, Crickets, Water3 Dance 1, Bell Tree, GWSS, Synhorn, Perc
Disk 6: Fretted Instruments
Distorted Guitar 1, 2 & 3, Elec Guitar, Muted 1 & 2, Concert Guitar, Folk Guitar 1 & 2, Bandurka, Funk Bass, F Bass 1 & 2, Fretless
Disk 7: Ethnic
Bouzouki, Gopichord, Rhubarb, Tamboura, Gamelan, Esraj, Koto, Shou, Hitirki, Tablas, Shamisen, darabukkei, Biwa, Sirabachi, Adjusting
Disk 8: Sound Effects
Motorcycle, Cap, Brand Hit, Glass, Vase, Industry, Press, Tigerman, Mandrums
Disk 9: Environment
Airhammer, Industry, Shinjuku, Rain, Wind, River, Water, Sea, Frog, Autumn, Horse, Cuckoo, Turkey
Disk 10: Voice
Huu, Haa, Duu, Ooo, Chorus, 1 & 2, Digivoice 1 & 2

I've also got about 1,000 other files but not having a working midi connection I've got no idea what they sound like.

Cheers
Carl

Cardiff City FC & Real Sporting de Gijon Fan
I own: Korg T2EX ~ Moog Little Phatty Stage II ~ Korg MS2000 ~ Roland RS-9 ~ a Fender and 2 Asturcons
cdtmbu

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I own a T3ex since the end 90s. I bought it second hand. The seller did not have the original disks. It is still in very good condition. Sadly the backlight becomes a little bit dark...

Some days ago the battery died. Now all data from the t3 is lost. So I need the original disks. After some research in the I found this forum and this thread.

I saw that some of the T3 owners have the disks or better images at hand. Even better they have also some more disks...

Is there a place where I can download these images?

Thanks in advance.

Christian
jorgemncardoso

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've sent you a PM. Check your inbox
Yamaha: Motif XS8
Roland: expanded JV-1010 modules (3X)
...And a bucket load of Softsynths, plug-ins, and DAW's Smile
cdtmbu

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jorge for sending them.

But finally I found out that the disk drive is dead. So I ordered a SD HxC emulator. Connected it with reversed cable as described in a different thread. But I am not able to read or write to it. Trying to format a disk leads to some reactions but short before ending I get Data Error all the time.

I contacted Jeff in the HxC forum and he is trying to help me.

Maybe it is a help to get a copyqm image and / or an omniflop image of an empty T3 disk.

Does somebody know the correct file format of a T3 disk? Maybe my settings in the Hxc are wrong...

Can somebody support us Jeff and Me?
jhulk

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the t3 i use img omniflop format

copyqm was only for dss1 and the dsm1 on the t you can only load performance disks and not work disks

and it can only convert load dsm1 pcm data and for that to happen your machine needs to be an ex otherwise it does not show up in the disk menu
jorgemncardoso

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi cdtmbu, you are welcome. Sorry to hear the disk drive doesn't work. But are you shure of that? Have you tried to format a disk on the T3 first and then write the image file to it on omniflop?

There is two types of formats on the T3, the PCM,prog, combi format and the prog, combi, global and song (4 files) i think.
For the disk´s i send you have to format with PCM, prog, combi format first and then write the images with omniflop.

To save the regular T3 presets and songs you have to format in prog, combi, global and song (4 files) format.

So unless you are absolutely sure the drive isn't working you should try this first.

I can't help about the disk emulator, i'd love to have one but i think it's just too expensive and not worth the investment for me, at least not while the drive is still working lol Razz
jorgemncardoso

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the emulator you should contact Ricoche, he install it successfully on his T2ex. Here is the link from his site:

http://jimatwood.wordpress.com/2011/09/30/korg-t2-ex-importing-pcm-samples-and-floppy-drive-repair/

hope it helps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: