Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T-Series and DSS-1 (DSM-1?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhulk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the pcm cards are only 512k 8 bits

which gives you 256k of 16bit data

and only had one bank of an dsm1 sampler on

the t series floppy pcm disks have 1mb of 8 bit data 512k of 16bit

and has the abilities of 2 banks of 256k dsm1 banks

so the t series has a larger memory capacity

and like i said korg never released the m1 pcm cards as floppy sets for the t

there might be one or 2 multi sounds from the cards in the sample floppies but not actual full pcm card sets as the m1 pcm cards

most of the samples in the t and m1 and the wavestation are single samples that are placed at c5-c6 as one sample the transposed up 1 octave as most are 32khz and transposed down the rest of keyboard

most of the multisounds are the additive type created on the dsm1 synth engine

these are 8 samples on each b key and are single cycle waveforms

it amazes me that the cards still sell for £50-60

i have the full card sets as pcm cards i also have the full wavestation set

the 01w set
jorgemncardoso

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could not agree more, and the ram cards goes for even higher prices.

And it's not just the pcm cards that go for that prices, the prog, combi ones are sold for ridiculous prices also (like Akira, World Omnibus, etc...)
I wouldn't give 20 for those cards, forgtet 50-60.

I have all of that in syx files, i can load to the T3 what ever sound i want, why on earth would i give such a ridiculous amount of money for a card?

I think people buy the cards for those prices for their colectability. It's the same reason you see an M1 going for 500-700 euros on e-bay, and a T3ex or T2ex going for 250 euros and less sometimes, it's ridiculous in concept, but great for those who are buying an instrument (T3) to play with, not to collect them!

I mean why on earth would i buy an M1 when i can buy a T3 that IS an M1, with more memory, larger display, disk drive, 4 midi outs (i can't remember any other workstation with that). And a T3ex i can even ad my own samples to it.

But hey the M1 is the famous one, so people juat want to look good rather than sound good sometimes. So people selling M1's keep asking ridiculous and unreal prices for them.
Yamaha: Motif XS8
Roland: expanded JV-1010 modules (3X)
...And a bucket load of Softsynths, plug-ins, and DAW's Smile
stovuk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T2EX with some DSM-1 samples from jhulk and my programs.

http://youtu.be/A43RzNlEXuA

Enjoy!
fallenturtle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will these all work on a Korg T1?
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see no reason why it wouldn't. Let's see if you can get a hold of jhulk to get them...! Smile
Rooney007

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: DSM1 floppy disks Reply with quote

Hi people, I have T3EX.
I would like try some new sounds on DSM1 disks.
http://www.wiseguysynth.com/larry/dsm-1/disk-dsm.htm
Here are three sides about this problem, but still no one simply, verified method.
Please, could someone summarize it from personal experience? Exactly: what I need and how to do it.

Thanks!

I have Win XP 32bit, no older system...
Rooney007

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: you can still buy... Reply with quote

so no answer ...
but... 10 workdisk with samples you can still buy on ebay.de for about 40eur + delivery about 10eur... so finally, there were found people, who made the businesses from this and both sides are satisfied Rolling Eyes
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no personal experience with the DSM disks, but I do have with the DSS-1 disks. You need to download CopyQM (do I recall the name correctly?) and you'll need an old machine that can run DOS natively (not in a window, not in an emulator...). Maybe it does work in a Win95 window or so (I think I tried that, but it was many years ago), but the safest is to have an old PC running DOS and a working floppy drive (this latter is particularly important, as the drives seem to give in frequently after such a long time - especially if not used 'regularly').

So once you have this, you can use a normal HD floppy disk - still relatively easy to get. CopyQM should nicely format and copy the contents of your selected file, as written in its manual. Let me know if you need any help with this particular step. I think the rest is pretty straightforward (apart from getting a 20 year old PC, perhaps... Smile)

Let us know of any progress and in case you need more help!

P.S. sorry to disappoint you but I don't think it will work wth XP - but I'm fairly sure you can create a DOS boot floppy disk with CopyQM on it and have a FAT partition on your HDD or something similar to read the images from, so this way you don't boot to XP but you can use the same hardware. Alternatively, you may create a boot CD with DOS, CopyQM and all the floppy images on it and use that to boot your XP PC into DOS (without booting XP Smile, that is) and transfer images from there to the floppy drive. A little more involved than I'd like to explain here step-by-step, but I can perhaps invest some time if you need help with this...
Rooney007

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks synthjoe! But... It´s really very very complicated Smile and I can use my time better and more pleasant.
That's why I'm calling: Who can offer me interesting DSM1 or DSS1 floppy disks... at a fair price (!)... CONTACT ME!
... I give up in this fight with 30 years old technology Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: