Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zero 8 Touchscreen and Headphone problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghola

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghola wrote:
Ok same problem, Im stuck at 12.5% for X axis. This is lame, I havn't used it in a while 1-2 months and that was for just a mic test.

Now I have to start wishing for it to fix its self.

Anyone else fix theirs?

edit for X axis

OMG it's working, I was installing 1394 drivers and rebooting and sh!t and I looked over at the touch pad and pressed it and I got a different screen, I'm all is this thing working?! Went into System and hit factory reset just to make sure. Weird machine!!!
oh96

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are too many people getting the same exact problem for it to be random...I think it has to do with how you store the machine...and leaving it out for a bit on a desk fixes the screen..notices how everyone is claiming only one axis not working..
gtekmusik

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the same problem... Sad
www.myspace.com/gtekmusik
movil +(507)66331984
whooyeah

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Y axis at 100% problem.
domingo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa. This is very disturbing. I have the touchscreen Y axis problem too! I mean it was a problem for like a week and then it started working proper again. I guess it might come back.

Sometimes it was always on 100%, sometimes it was just out of scale (like it started on the bottom straight from about 25%, reached 100% somewhere little above the center of the screen and kept 100% value till the top).

I do have headphone problem aswell. After booting up the mixer, headphone output is very distorted (typical low bitrate electronic distortion). It goes back to normal after about 5 - 10 minutes of mixer working.

But damn... Stuff with the touchscreen. It just can't be a coincidence.
djcl.ear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One question to those of you who have the non/partially-working touchscreen:

Were you running the Zero analogue line out in "hot" mode, as suggested by Korg to reduce the hiss problem???

If most (or all) of you did so, it could very well mean the touchscreen problem was created because its common that high temperatures significantly reduce the chips & other electronic components lifespam...

*edited for clarity
Apricot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sadly now a member of this club ... today, I noticed that the kaoss pad was not responding properly.

At first, I thought the pad was just barely working, but noticed it was only the x-axis barely responding. I cannot use any of the menus in Setup either. I do get visual feedback on FX 3,4,5 etc where there is a drawing bar style interface. But FX like Loop Delay do nothing at all ...

This has happened out of the blue. I tried shutting it off and leaving it alone, resetting the firmware ... NOTHING has worked so far.

Any other solutions? I was using v1.5, and am about to upgrade to v1.6 from a fresh INIT. Will post results.

ULTRA-LAME
Apricot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apricot wrote:

At first, I thought the pad was just barely working, but noticed it was only the x-axis barely responding. I cannot use any of the menus in Setup either. I do get visual feedback on FX 3,4,5 etc where there is a drawing bar style interface. But FX like Loop Delay do nothing at all ...

So, I updated the OS to ver1.60 ... and, no dice. I should correct myself here, the X-axis IS working fine. The Y-axis reads 2 pressure points spread over the whole axis. for example on FX 09: BPF+ on the Y-axis is the: RESO parameter, and when I press at the top I get 120 scaling to 118 at the bottom.

I have tried restarting in 44.1 and 48k ... even 96 just to see if the setup menus might work ... nope.

I can't just hope that if I leave it alone for 2 weeks it MIGHT work. Has ANYONE resolved this issue?
Corpo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fell victim of a horrible crime last night and haven't slept since... My LCD touchscreen is half dead aswell. I can't use the lower half of the screen. Oh well! I'm headed off to the hardware store to grab a new set of Alan keys so I can tear this mother down. I'll take pics of the whole process and will hopefully have a working fix by tomorrow. That is if I don't throw this b@st3rd out of my 7th floor window. Besides this mess, I would like to say hello to all!
X-Trade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone actually tried contacting KORG for support?
That should really be your first action when encountering a hardware failure, before even posting on an unofficial forum.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Apricot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodluck Corpo,

Please do post the results ... I am sure everyone here would be very interested in the information.

I wrote to the store I bought the mixer from, haven't heard a reply back yet. I was checking out Korg Canada .. the site hasn't been updated in 2 years and there isn't a general contact email ... I did find a parts address tho ... http://www.korgcanada.com/eng/support/parts_department.asp

I also tried the Zero Edit trick, and no luck there. There HAS to be a way to fix this if it's software.
Apricot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-trade:

Check the previous page ... Basically, "take it to your dealer" is the response.
Corpo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
Has anyone actually tried contacting KORG for support?
That should really be your first action when encountering a hardware failure, before even posting on an unofficial forum.

X- trade, hello. I am fairly skilled at these types of repairs. I took a course in college where our final was to rebuild the whole bus chain on a studio board. Great fun. As far as korg support goes, I think I would be better off asking them what I should have for lunch!
Corpo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got some grim news guys. I tore apart the whole mixer. I sarted at around 2am and it is now 9am. My take on this situation is that the control board is to blame I.E. The circuit board. I was under the impression (before I took it apart) that there were two separate boards for the front right panel. This is not so. The issue is that the power supply sits right underneath this board. And you could imagine, it's hot in there. When I started my 8 last night after it had been off all day, I had success in getting the y-axis to function properly. After about an hour it wouldn't read below 42 on the y-axis. I'm not positive what my next step will be to resolve this, I have to give it some thought. I will most likely not mess with it until sunday. I have gigs for the rest of the week and hope that my zero will stay alive...

I'm writing this on my iPhone, sorry for the layout
Corpo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.m. Me if you want to see some sweet teardown pics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: