Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zero 8 Touchscreen and Headphone problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lega

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: same problem plus massive distorted noise hang ups Reply with quote

Reggmail wrote:

I was able to replace the screen and ''for now'' it seem to be working.

Please tell us when and where. I sent my mixer to service here in Portugal and after some time, the man got a negative response, from Korg itself, that they couldn't provide the replacement touch screen as the mixer had been discontinueed.

Cheers
Marxon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all!

Here in germany you can get the touchscreen panel at
www.korn.eu item no.: ET1115 for 39€
jeananton

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: zero 8 xy pad completely non responsive Reply with quote

i have had my zero 8 for about 3.5years now and the xy pad stopped working. i used it allot for about 1.5yrs and let it rest for a few months. turned it back on and the x y pad started getting stuck. i have done the factory reset, firmware re-installation and no luck. now the xy pad just does not work at all. i have been told by the dealer i baught it from that i have to contact korg for the repair so here i am. the sucky part is i can not access the system menu due to the xy pad not working. to ad the cherry to it, whenever i start it up, i get a distortion sound when i play anything through it, seems it takes about 5 - 10 minutes to warm up before the sound disappears. i bought it Atlantic electrical (west en dj) on staples corner London.
i must say i had high hopes for this machine and cant help but feel terribly disappointed and ripped off. for something as highly priced as what it was you would expect something of a level of quality to match the price.
J
dvelop

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: any updates to this issue? Reply with quote

mine went out once before as posted, did the whole firmware, reset, etc... the only thing that got it to work was not finishing the update process, it stopped working during, and when I cut it off, the pad worked again. 2 months later after little use I turned the mixer on and the y pad isn't working again. I reset firmware, tapped side, blew air into the crossfader towards the LCD and nothing. This is lame. KORG needs to address this issue. All korg zero8 users with this issue need to come together to get an official story and a way to permanently fix these mixers. Why is this happeing? Will replacing the LCD fix it permanently? I don't apply a lot of pressure to my LCD so it is nothing I could have done. I don't smoke or drink near it, and its never left my air conditioned studio.
Marxon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi dvelop,

unfortunately its not really clear why so many touch pads die.
i replaced my one last year and 2 years ago. the headphone output was also defect one time...
dvelop

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

Marxon wrote:
hi dvelop,

unfortunately its not really clear why so many touch pads die.
i replaced my one last year and 2 years ago. the headphone output was also defect one time...

So Marxon, you've had to replace the LCD twice now? How much did the repair shop charge? What did they say? We Zero8 users need to address what is causing the problem and not just the symptom or else we will all just keep replacing LCDS, which I do not want to do. I just want it to work right.
Marxon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi dvelop again!

I just replaced the LCD by myself and only paid for the LCD which was 39 Euros. Since a year i put a small cpu fan inside the zero 8 (next to the psu unit) because some users guess the mixer is getting to hot and this couldt be the reason for the lcd problem. for now i have now problems, but its to early to say that this is a working fix.

best regards
marxon
paugui

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I had problems with my touchpad but sent it to be repaired and everything worked well, for a year...

Now I got back home (I'm studying abroad and so I only use my equipment when I'm back at home, but during those times I give them quite some use), and it seems to have some problems...

At first the touchpad wasn't working when I turned the Korg on, but after a while it would work well, despite it was extremely hard to reach 100% on the Y axis.

Today, it was working when I turned it on, but the scaling on the Y axis is not the correct one.
I can touch the display on the bottom and move it a bit up and still get 0% on the effects, but the maximum I can get is below 90%.
The scaling on X seems good (it gives a symmetric value on the sides), but I notice that the value on Y is slightly different depending on the position of X...

I was checking it better now, but it sees that the touchpad stop working, so I'm not sure it just needs a rescaling (I tried to calibrate the LCD, but nothing happened... it stayed just the same...).

Mine is still covered by the warranty, but if it fails again in just one year, I see this happening again soon... which is definitely upsetting...

More people had problems over and over again with this?
Marxon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paugui!

I am sorry for you.
As you can see, this touchscreen topic has many replies from many users with the same or similar problem. The Y Axis dies first because of the pad construction...
Since a year i put a small cpu fan inside the zero 8 (next to the psu unit) because some users guess the mixer is getting to hot and this couldt be the reason for the lcd problem. for now i have now problems, but its to early to say that this is a working fix.

Best regards
Marxon
paugui

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had problems before too, but wasn't expecting this kind of problems to show up again so fast...
I was at least hoping to have a couple of years before some problems starting to show up again.

But at the moment the touchpad is not working at all and I already sent it to be repaired (as it was covered by warranty).

So this problem is due to bad construction?
If that is the case, should I be able to return it and get a refund, since it is still covered by warranty?
Cause if I have to send it to repair once a year or so, it just makes it useless as I need something stable to use as my mixer...
dvelop

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Sad. Reply with quote

My lcd is out again. Went out months ago, started considering putting it in the shop but then it came back to life, Fast forward to last night and it is doing the same thing as this guys from his video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bXZ3c9bugk

I am very sad, because I love this mixer and can't find anything comparable. Can we please band together to get Korg to address the issue?
dvelop

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: lcd back Reply with quote

I got my LCD working tonight by: downgrading to 1.5 firmware, then placing a fan on the back of it, and upgrading back to 1.6 firmware.
Marxon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi dvelop,

your solution sounds interesting.
last weekend my 3rd Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation touchscreen died.
this time even with fan...
but i am afraid to test your fix because if it does
not work i have lost my firewire settings...
damn what should i do now?
Marxon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok maybe i should remove the touchpannel first and measure its resistor values to exclude that it is not hardware fault
dvelop

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine went right out again after the next session. So I don't know now. It lasted 10 months before using the same ghetto fix method. I have contacted Korg asking them for an official word on whats causing it so that people won't keep addressing the symptom and not the cause. I really think all Korg Zero8 users with the lcd issue need to band together and make Korg work on an official fix or at least give us a reason why its happening over and over again. I understand this mixer is discontinued. but this is a serious issue on their behalf and these mixers were 2500 retail.I just want my Zero8 to work and this LCD issue is driving me crazy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: