Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saving effect settings?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
satnisse

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Saving effect settings? Reply with quote

Is there any way to save the effect settings on the microSampler? I just bought it and was totally satisfied until I realised that settings/assigned knob parameters of the effects returned to default as soon as I changed the effect. This is totally crap. Is there any way to change the default settings of the effects/save the settings? Or any plans of this in an update? Does anybody know?
lloydsmith

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sorry - there isn't any way to freeze the effect dials on power off. It would require a fairly major change to the O/S - so I would think that it's an aspect that will not be changed.

Marketingwise KORG have carefully considered product overlaps so some of the reduced functionality of aspects of the MS probably reflects this. (doesn't excuse the ergonomics though LOL)

For a workaround -

Probably best to look at the settings you like and note them down.
You can of course re-sample to fix the current effect with the sample.

In addition to the o/b effects, I use guitar stomp boxes & an old Zoom 1204. There's always DAW plugins if you are running into a computer of course. I tend to use those for post signal processing but you can set them up to effect the monitored/incoming sound.

I tend to think of the MS as a Swiss army knife - a handy combo but not specifically skilled at any one task and then I augment it with other kit as & when.

Hope that helps.
Conkrete

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes use painter's tape to make a template I can scribble on before a gig or jam session. It's low-tech, but does the trick temporarily. It helps to color code your markings though, otherwise it can get a little confusing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: