Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wavedrum quality issues?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AWD

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: wavedrum quality issues? Reply with quote

Hi, new to this forum, purchased a wavedrum about 2 weeks ago after looking at it for a while. So far so good, haven't tried the volume double listed elsewhere, the volume certainly seems low, needs to be cranked up on the mixer to come through the PA. Did have one problem initially where when playing with sticks, program 33 jumped to another program, 67 I think, without prompting. Happened a few times, haven't been able to repeat it since. I've seen a few units returned to MF for quality problems (low volume, intermittent power), and wondered if anybody else had problems. It seems like the electronics are going to suffer a lot of abuse based on their placement, not to mention the pressure transducer and the head acoustic transducer.

I'm also kind of surprised there isn't more dialogue about this unit on the web. Problems, issues, techniques, creating your own programs. Are there other places to look? Has the wavedrum already used up its 15 minutes of fame? Sure is fun to play, some great ideas that will hopefully get adopted elsewhere. Thanks.
holafejem

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: quality Reply with quote

Hi

I also noticed some issues with my wavedrum.. at the Sawari B algorithm the pitch modifying has gone crazy.. when i save the algorithm to a custom preset and press the sensor, the sitar won't sound and at about 70-80 pressure it starts to screech at very high frequencies. I tried to change the scale, tuning, etc. but nothing. The pressure sensor works perfectly, too.. Later on i discovered that if i change the preset from the P74 to a custom sawari b preset, it works without problems. So it can be handled but its a bit annoying that no kind of firmware update is currently available so i'll have to use 2 bank slots to switch to P74 and then into my own preset if i want to play custom presets with sawari b in live situations.

Anyways.. I love my wavedrum and its still the best electric percussion i've played.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: wavedrum quality issues? Reply with quote

AWD wrote:
I'm also kind of surprised there isn't more dialogue about this unit on the web. Problems, issues, techniques, creating your own programs. Are there other places to look? Has the wavedrum already used up its 15 minutes of fame? Sure is fun to play, some great ideas that will hopefully get adopted elsewhere. Thanks.

Are there specialized drum forums? I see the Wavedrum as a percussion instrument; most keyboardists/midi addicts may not like it since it can't be used as a drum controller.

Most forums, including this one, a very keyboard or guitar centric.
AWD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. I have not found a dedicated wavedrum forum anywhere, this was the closest thing I saw. Maybe there aren't enough people out there with wavedrums to justify a group? For the person with the algorythm problem, maybe you should try to contact Korg directly? They might be interested in your issue. I haven't seen much/any information about people programming the unit.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am no expert and have only had mine for a day but I did experience what I thought were some goofy issues with the pressure sensors and head and rim were a bit dull. I re-tensioned the head and re did the calibrations for each and it took care of all those problems. I may reset defaults from the factory also just to be sure I am starting from square one but so far I don't really see a need to do so.

The calibrations were a big improvement and doubling the sound helped a lot also.
buzap

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes readjusting the tension and then calibrating is absolutely essential!

If you don't feel comfortable with it, you should let a drummer readjust the skin when buying your WaveDrum.

best regards
Buzap
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: