Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg DS-10 Save Tool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG - Nintendo DS/3DS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KidQuaalude

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Korg DS-10 Save Tool Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

This will only be of interest to those of you who have a PC and a way of getting your DS10 save files to/from your carts.

This evening I have quickly knocked-up a tool that allows you to both import and export songs from the 18 available slots in the save file and also import and export your 24 saved synth patches. This will allow the community to share songs and patches more easily.

There is one minor issue with song sharing tho...due to the changes between DS10 and DS10 plus, songs created in plus cannot be loaded in DS10. However songs created in DS10 may be loaded in DS10 plus. This incompatibility does not affect intstruments.

The program itself is pretty self-explanitory...and there is no documentation yet Wink

Download : http://ds10forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=330

Enjoy! (and note i'm not responsible for any data loss/damage that may occur from using this app Wink)

Chris
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think I'm to have to cough up the big secret here.

In order for this to work you have to have a ROM version of the DS-10 and run this on a special card that is called an R4. The R4 has a slot for micro sd card usually from 2 to 8 gigs.

You can get the ROM download from places like Romulation.com or Frozenroms.in or NDS.com

When you run the rom on your new fancy card you will have 2 files one is a ".NDS" file then the second one is a ".save" file.

This ".save" file is the file that is described by KidQuaalude to use for his software.

It is unfortunate that Korg and the software company never came up with a wifi solution to do something cool as saving your settings or trading your settings with your computer. Anyhow because of this short sightedness the only only way to save and trade settings is by actually having an unauthorized version (hacked/free) of Korg DS-10.

One could have multiple versions of the ROM on one card and save endless amounts of settings and songs. This new software KidQuaalude made only makes it easier to keep your settings.

At any rate just keep in mind unless you have the special NDS ROM card you will not be able to do this.

Not many users of the DS-10 talk about this because of the fact that it is not condoned practice to download ROMS of games and software.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
KidQuaalude

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you say about piracy being 'the only way' to transfer saves is untrue.

I own an original DS10+ cart and use my software along with a NDS Backup adapter http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/catalog/NDS-Backup-Adapter-Plus-p-3018.html

which is a device that allows you to transfer save files to/from your cart. No piracy or R4 (or other) cart needed.
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KidQuaalude wrote:
What you say about piracy being 'the only way' to transfer saves is untrue.

I own an original DS10+ cart and use my software along with a NDS Backup adapter http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/catalog/NDS-Backup-Adapter-Plus-p-3018.html

which is a device that allows you to transfer save files to/from your cart. No piracy or R4 (or other) cart needed.

Very interesting! Smile Thanks for sharing. I haven't got a DS at the moment, but hopefully I get to check out your prog asap.
Sunsneezer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for this!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG - Nintendo DS/3DS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: