Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please add support for Sonoma WireWorks AudioCopy/AudioPaste

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shannong

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Please add support for Sonoma WireWorks AudioCopy/AudioPaste Reply with quote

This is a great app, but it's a major pain to move recordings from this app into other iDevice apps for further manipulation. If you would please add support for the Sonoma AudioCopy/AudioPaste standard, it would be possible to stay within the iPad and just copy a song from the iElectribe app into the UIPasteboard standard that Sonoma WireWorks has created, then paste the song right into some other iPad app without ever leaving the iPad.

For example, I'd like to whip up loops in iElectribe and AudioCopy > AudioPaste them directly into Looptastic HD or into MorphWiz.

Right now the workflow is EXTREMELY tedious: Export the song to WAVE. Cable the iPad to a computer. Move the .wav file to the computer file system via iTunes. Move the .wav file into an iPad DAW that supports either the Sonoma AudioCopy/AudioPaste standard or the Intua Pasteboard standard. Use that app to load the .wav file into an iPad pasteboard of some sort. Then finally you can get the Electribe-created track in to the app where you want to really put it to use, such as Looptastic HD.

Why the Sonoma standard over the Intua Standard? Because the Sonoma standard supports the inclusion of tempo information in the clip, which is very important to applications that perform smart loop stretching to match tempos. If the tempo information is not in the pasteboard clip, then the receiving app has to analyze the waveform and try to guess at the proper tempo. The Sonoma standard eliminates this guesswork.

Info on the Sonoma standard: http://www.sonomawireworks.com/iphone/partners/

Info on the Intua standard:
http://code.google.com/p/intua-audio-sharing/wikiCompatibleApps

Please pick one of these standards and add this functionality. Right now your app is essentially just a toy because it's too tedious to move creations from your app into apps that can be used to produce anything substantial.
hnsmith

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree completely. I've only recently started using the audio apps on my iPhone but have been picking exclusively those that support the audio paste standard. It just makes sense for me to be able to transfer my tracks between the different audio programs (my four track recorder is the central hub).

I'd love to add more modules but needing to go back to my computer to transfer files around is a pain.
stacoja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

jan
outbackyak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1000
strata189

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with this - it's a much-needed function.
As incredible as this app is, the lack of copy/paste isolates it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: