Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WAVE Xtractor (PCM/KMP/TVN/UVN/SF2/) to .Wav ***NEW v3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like this software?
I love it
48%
 48%  [ 15 ]
Quite Useful
29%
 29%  [ 9 ]
Don't need it
22%
 22%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 31

BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pa jebote, zar nema Windows u Srbiji?
WAVEXtractor
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neverkorgagain wrote:
Is there any chance for making this program under linux platform?

Currently no plans for a Linux or any other platform, except Windows.
simondrake

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear wavextractor,

I read this topic and went into your website, but I'm not sure to have understood what it is possible to do with the software.
English is not my language and I'm a novice in the world of the arranger keyboards so I need to ask you some questions:
1) what does extracting "RAW data" from a music file mean? Why should I need this .wav version of a song? is it for creating mp3 instrumental to play in song mode?
2) about the styles: is it of use to transform let's say a yamaha psr style into a korg pa one? In this case I'd love to try it because I have both keyboards and it would be interesting to try the same style played by the two gears.
3) and the last..... what do you mean about "SWAP", I understand copy and paste or delete styles into the keyboard, but could not find a meaningful translation for swap: is it to move the style from an internal location to another?

I hope these stupid questions did not bother you, it is just that I am so dull and don't understand if this is something that I should work with or not.

Kind regards,
Simone
WAVEXtractor
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simondrake wrote:
Dear wavextractor,

I read this topic and went into your website, but I'm not sure to have understood what it is possible to do with the software.
English is not my language and I'm a novice in the world of the arranger keyboards so I need to ask you some questions:
1) what does extracting "RAW data" from a music file mean? Why should I need this .wav version of a song? is it for creating mp3 instrumental to play in song mode?
2) about the styles: is it of use to transform let's say a yamaha psr style into a korg pa one? In this case I'd love to try it because I have both keyboards and it would be interesting to try the same style played by the two gears.
3) and the last..... what do you mean about "SWAP", I understand copy and paste or delete styles into the keyboard, but could not find a meaningful translation for swap: is it to move the style from an internal location to another?

I hope these stupid questions did not bother you, it is just that I am so dull and don't understand if this is something that I should work with or not.

Kind regards,
Simone

Hi Simone,

1: RAW data means the actual SOUND FILE that KORG/Yamaha or SF2 files use. If you ever wanted to use a KORG/Yamaha etc... sounds on a PC, then you can't because it is not in a format that a PC can read or play. Which what Wave Xtractor does. It gets the Sound and converts it to a .WAV so you can transfer the sound where ever you need.

2. The Style Manager is not actually a converter from Yamaha or anything else to KORG!! It is a Style Manager for the KORG PA keyboard, so you could organize your STYLES.

3. The SWAP does what it says : ). It swaps the Positions of ONE style with the OTHER. So if you wanted to move the 1st style with the 2nd, you would have to:

Temporarily Copy Style 1 to somewhere.
Then Copy and replace style 2 to 1.
Then Copy the temporary 1 to 2 and then Delete the temporary one.
With this you Right Click select to Swap, then Right Click again to select what to swap with.

I hope that has not confused you.

Please feel free to ask anything else that might not be clear to you.

Regards
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feel obligated to answer this. Just me being curious. Have you ever tried to contact Korg with your ideas?

WAVEXtractor
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps, maybe we should do a petition to KORG?

If 1-2 people make a request then nothing will change but if 100-200+ people all wanted the same thing, maybe KORG could take things more seriously?
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WAVEXtractor wrote:
perhaps, maybe we should do a petition to KORG?

If 1-2 people make a request then nothing will change but if 100-200+ people all wanted the same thing, maybe KORG could take things more seriously?

Not likely Alexi imho, maybe if 1-2,000+ stated a unified opinion. Sad
gwb74

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: anyone got this software working? Reply with quote

I downloaded the newest version of this program. (v3.0.500.) apr. 2011
only everytime when i wanna start the program it comes up with a update message, and is directing me to the website. the program won't start.
i'm using Windows 7 64bit.

When i open with this sofware a pcg file, will i be able to view the settings/parameters, or only the sound file-names?
I need this for setting up my pa500 manualy
WAVEXtractor
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: anyone got this software working? Reply with quote

gwb74 wrote:

When i open with this sofware a pcg file, will i be able to view the settings/parameters, or only the sound file-names?

No, it will only show/display the sound/file names and not individual settings.

Also check your PM.
neverkorgagain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BasariStudios wrote:
Pa jebote, zar nema Windows u Srbiji?

Naravno da ima, ali većinu stvari sam počeo da radim pod linuxima.... tako da skoro za sve nalazim alternative.... a i sve ozbiljnije stvari su pod linuxom....

Sorry guys for offtopic Laughing
Jano

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I've just ordered your software, I just can't fiend where I can reorganise my perfomance banks, f.e moove piano from bank01.prf to bank02.prf. Now I c it's possible to reorganise your favorite styles and user 1, 2, 3, but not your performance banks.

I hope this is possible, or else it's worthless for me Sad.
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks some some pretty good software - I think it should be in the resources kit of every PA series owner Smile

I just bought it. I think it will be very useful, especially for those of us, like me, who tweak all their factory data to make their PA, "theirs"!!!

Well done WaveExtractor... Cool
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after ignoring my usual golden rule of ALWAYS runs a demo, I wnet ahead and bought this app with no trial, as I wrote above.

This was a mistake as there are several glaring omissions from the software, and it is intrusive as well. I have now un-installed it, and I have put it down as a glaring example of why I ALWAYS do the demo first...I won't make that mistake again.

I withdraw my comments above, and I cannot honestly recommend this to anyone. You are far better of with the (free) XRM project imho.

Thanks.
Jano

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StILL NO UPGRADES - WHAT A WASTE FOR THE INVESTED MONEY!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: petition to KORG Reply with quote

petition to KORG? , LOL

mrniceneasy got it right 1000 or 2000 or 3000 people maybe Korg would think about doing it , maybe...
the korg pa keyboard , korg has not sold 1000 PA3 keyboards ,you could not get a 1000 people to do it ,there not that many people on the forums, (( I wish there was more )) yes they sold 100000's other keyboards like workstations ,synths ,but when it come to Arranger Keyboards , it a Drop in the Bucket
and does any one here know how many pa2 or pa800 were sold .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: