Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sample Pack 2?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChristopherArruda

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Sample Pack 2? Reply with quote

I've heard the second sample pack is available. Where can I find it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mackbaz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Sample Pack 2? Reply with quote

ChristopherArruda wrote:
I've heard the second sample pack is available. Where can I find it?

I can't find it on the site. But I would like to know as well.
velour100

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, if that is true.. then they should be releasing it really soon! And what about an update for the OS?

It would be welcome!
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been promising it for a while and we're happy to tell you we've posted the next Sound Pack for the SV-1. Visit www.korg.com/sv1 and read all about it, listen to a lot of demos, and download it if you have an SV-1. We'd love to hear your comments. have a great weekend!

Regards,

Jerry
Korg Guy

P.S. the data will also be available at www.korgpa.com and other Korg Distributor sites.
keyboard komuso

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Awesome!! Reply with quote

Just downloaded the new soundset and have been checking them out. Really fine job! Glad to see some splits in there, especially the analog pad / lead.
All in all a very inspiring and well done collection. These are the moments I'm glad I kept my SV-1. It just keeps getting better. Thank you Korg and all the talented musicians involved.
craigalan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. I'm glad to hear this news. Are you able to keep all user tweaked presets made prior to new sample pack? And if so, how do we do it? Also, does new sample pack address anything on the amp control?
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigalan wrote:
Great. I'm glad to hear this news. Are you able to keep all user tweaked presets made prior to new sample pack? And if so, how do we do it?

Sure can - as the documentation says, be sure to back up all your sounds before installing/transmitting these new sounds. You can freely mix sounds from the preload, your tweaks, and these soundpacks using the Editor. We'll post a tips document next week going over this (again) to help you all.

Quote:
Also, does new sample pack address anything on the amp control?
No, it's new sounds, not new functions.

Regards,

Jerry
mackbaz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really good stuff. I love playing the new grand with the lengthened sustain. It really gives the slow songs some color. On a negative note, it seems the more I play this thing the noisier my keys get. I feel like my keybed is a lemon. the model at sweetwater feels better.
velour100

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnx Korg! I was waiting on some of the new sounds, you have released. Well done! I hope that from now on, we don't have to wait this long anymore on a new soundpack.

Greetings from the Netherlands, Europe!

Gerwin
mackbaz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now that I am really getting into the editor and paying attention i will say i am impressed with the soundpack, but dissapointed with the implementation. There are some serious volume issues.

the most noticeable is with the amp models on EPs. Select an EP; its louder than sp1, but still sounds fine, turn on the amp works fine, switch amp and all the sudden the volume is back to sp1 levels... switch again and it maintains the low volume.

I also have set my favorites with some EPs and when i select the favorite, the wrong corresponding light shows up under the sound section.

These both seem like software bugs that somehow made it through. Please fix this Korg. I like the new sounds, but I can't use them having to constantly adjust the volume.
mackbaz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually wanted to ad that the favorites glitch is happening with everything. Switched back to sound pack 1 and it works like it should. I've even tried making a new set, it is something messsed up with the identifiers for the sounds.

Not impressed korg.
Dave Ferris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spent an hour with the new SP-2 and it's terrific!

A little background fwiw..I sold my SV-1 about 6 weeks ago to get the CP-5 after being dissatisfied with the overall sounds of the AP mostly. The other sounds I didn't feel were up to snuff either.

I don't work for Korg but here are some impressions I posted at the Music Player Keyboard Forum after spending some time with it today. Scroll down to the second last post on the page.

http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2115006/25/Korg_SV_1_Stage_Vintage_Piano_

I think the Korg guys did a great job with the new sounds. At some point, probably sooner then later, I'm going to pick up another SV-1 88.

2005 NY Steinway D
mackbaz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else have the issues I am having?
adan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see how to load the soundpack. When I download, I get 2 files, one is 16 KB, the other is 377 KB. The 377 is a pdf file describing soundpack 2. If I click on the other file, it opens the editor, but doesn't seem to do anything else. I don't see any new sounds either on the main page or the backup page. I'm am obviously missing something very basic about this. I've read the editor guide, but still don't understand what I'm missing.
mackbaz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adan wrote:
I can't see how to load the soundpack. When I download, I get 2 files, one is 16 KB, the other is 377 KB. The 377 is a pdf file describing soundpack 2. If I click on the other file, it opens the editor, but doesn't seem to do anything else. I don't see any new sounds either on the main page or the backup page. I'm am obviously missing something very basic about this. I've read the editor guide, but still don't understand what I'm missing.

Once in the editor open the backup tab. If you have the sp2 pack loaded you should see all the sounds in the banks. Use the transmit button (I think its towards the middle of all those icons). Your keyboard will start blinking and it will be smooth sailing from there.

Let me know if you have the same amp issues and preset issues as I do. Can't find anyone else to comment on this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: