Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KARMA MW - GARAGEBAND

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zandokan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: KARMA MW - GARAGEBAND Reply with quote

Hi !

I have my Korg Karma MW connected to my Imac with a USB/Midi plug.
In Garageband preferences, it detects the midi device.
However I can not get any sound or data from the Karma to GB.

Did I miss a setting or should I install something additional ?

Please help out
Thanks
Mike
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You won't get any sound out of a MIDI setup. MIDI is a protocol that lets you control things - it is effectively an advanced electronic form of sheet music. It tells another synthesizer or module which notes to play when, and how hard, and it tells which program to use, tempo, parameter changes. You will not be able to record the KARMA's own triton-class synthesis sounds through MIDI into garrageband. For that you need to hook up the Main audio outputs from the KARMA to your computer through your built in audio card or through an external (typically USB or FireWire) audio interface.

You can however use the KARMA's keyboard and controls to play the softsynths built into Garrageband. And if you know anything about the KARMA's program and combi structure, you should also be able to create setups where the KARMA function is being used to play the softsynths.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Karma All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: