Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help! Electribe working, but no sound~!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maimbunnykill

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:33 am    Post subject: Help! Electribe working, but no sound~! Reply with quote

My electribe works fine and all the lights work and it plays patterns, but no sound comes out of it. I've tried the other jacks aside from the headphones and still no sound.

I've even shorted the fuse because there was a thread saying that was a fix for this problem. still, no dice.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.
djfrogstar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this happened to me for the first 5 minutes with my new emx 3d..

I first unplugged it all.. then pushed the new removable plug part into the transformer.. then plugged it back into the electribe.. then finally sound came out... I was really freaking out... because I put the styleflip on it before even turning it on.. mabey try doing a system restore if that doesnt help
maimbunnykill

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy s***~! it worked! thanks, man!
djfrogstar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect some guy in the factory had a hurt hand... and wasnt able to push it 100 percent in. it went in 99.5% in and then he sent it on the conveyor belt and grabbed the next one to do the same...

Im just kidding.. have no idea why that happened...

The plug is the main difference I see between the SD versions...
psychonaute

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have exactly the same problem with my Korg ER-1,although I used my machines for a live session yesterday and everything worked perfectly fine, but today everything seems to work but I have absolutely no sound, neither in the output, neither in the headphones. I tested all the wires with my second ER-1 and they're not the cause of the problem..... If someone could help me handle this, and if it could be in an easy explanation ( i'm french and i don't know technical vocabulary very well) because I'm a newbie in electronic. Sad
What do you mean by
Quote:
then pushed the new removable plug part into the transformer ?

Thanks in advance!
P-E

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I first unplugged it all.. then pushed the new removable plug part into the transformer.. then plugged it back into the electribe..

You mean a damaged contact in the plug?

@psychonaute: si j'ai bien compris il aurait eu un problème de faux contact quelque part dans le transformateur, mais apparement si tu as testé avec les câbles de l'autre ER-1 et que tu as le même soucis, ça ne peut venir que de la machine...

translation for english speakers:
@psychonaute: could be due to false contact in the case of djfrogstar... but if cross-testing the cables with the other ER-1 doesn't solve the issue... that's more likely to be a problem with the 'tribe...
psychonaute

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ P-E: la je parle de mes machines pas de celles de maimbunnykill,il a réglé son problème, j'ai le meme probleme. Ben en fait je m'en suis servi y a 2 jours et tout c'est passé nickel, je l'ai rangée dans sa mallette et quand je la rebranche, tout s'allume normalement, quand j'envoie le son les leds s'éclairent comme d'habitude mais aucun son ne sort,ni des écouteurs ni des outputs..... Du coup je me demande si c'est pas le bloc de sortie son de la machine qui a grillé..... Et comme je suis une brêle en electronique Confused Confused

translation for english speakers: I used my ER-1 two days ago and everything worked fine, I put my machines in their cases and when I plugged it , everything starts normally until I start the sound where I just have the leds working normally on this one, no sound neither from the headphones plug neither from the output plug...... So ask myself if it couldn't be my machine's output block that have broken.........And as I am a big s**t in electronic Confused Confused [/quote]
psychonaute

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question Idea Question Idea Question Idea Question Anyone who could give advices on what it could be or what I should do to try to fix this? Question Idea Question Idea Question Idea Question
hazabikit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds to me like you need to take it to a Korg repair shop. If you don't feel like you can open it up to see if there are any obvious problems (i.e. loose cables, broken wires, etc.), then you need help from someone who knows what to look for.

Il me semble que vous devez le prendre pour un atelier de réparation Korg. Si vous ne vous sentez pas comme vous pouvez l'ouvrir pour voir s'il ya des problèmes évidents (par exemple les câbles lâches, fils cassés, etc), alors vous avez besoin d'aide de quelqu'un qui sait ce qu'il faut rechercher.

(translate.google.com is your friend!)
psychonaute

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your answer! I've seen that there's a guy in my town who has already repaired Korg ER-1, I'll see with him if he can fix mine!
notecontrol_inc

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello , i had the same problem with my esx , no sound at all , just huge hiss ( if raising the volume all the way up ) from the headphones and L/R outoputs , turned out to be the valves , really weird because they're no burn marks at all on them . however , i just plugged a couple of valves found in a '57 radio instead , now it works .

@ psychonaute of course they can't be the valves on ther er1 so this is not very helpful for you , my only advice is to be careful if you decide to go diy , is not easy to fix a fully digital machine at home unless you find some obvious thing like shaking wire etc

FR : vu que tu te debrouille bien avec l' anglais je pense ya pas besoin de traduire , en tout cas si tu prefere FR pour moi c'est ok ( meme si un peu rouilleux je suis italien )

regards
psychonaute

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ notecontrol_inc: I think I won't try to repair it by myself, I've seen that there's a guy who fix those kind of machines in my city. I don't want to destroy my little ER-1. Smile I just hope it'll be done before the 14th of july, I have a party where I'll play.... if everything is fixed at the moment!
notecontrol_inc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok got it , if you feel like you don't want even try to open it by yourself i can't blame you , hope the guy won't ask you the same price of the whole machine !

et bonne chance avec ton live7 Cool
psychonaute

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grazie mille! Very Happy
theo2nazareth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,
It looks like I have the same problem than you : The EMX SD gets on, pattern loaded, but no sound is coming out the phones & main outputs ..
Only some super-low noise in which I can hear my pattern when I turn the Volume to its maximum.

The power block is well plugged and works well : I tested it with another EMX.

Can you help me ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: