Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

linking korg m50 with microsampler

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: linking korg m50 with microsampler Reply with quote

my microsampler is coming soon, was wondering if i can somehow use the m50 sequencer , combining sampled drum loops with the various sounds of the m50. cheers.
MIDI_Thru_Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say ABSOLUTELY. The microSAMPLER has MIDI IN and OUT, and the M50 has MIDI also, so all you gotta do is make the MIDI connections and scroll through some menus to adjust MIDI functionality to your liking. Plus the M50 samples, right? So you could even sample the microSAMPLER if you wanted.

GEAR I'M INTERESTED IN: (Possibly a trade for any of the above?) KORG ESX-1, Yamaha MOTIF XS, Yamaha MU-100 Rack, Vintage Gear Dead or Alive: TB-303, Any other Roland TR-x0x Drum Machines, x0xb0x, ANY vintage synthesizers.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIDI_Thru_Kid wrote:
Plus the M50 samples, right? So you could even sample the microSAMPLER if you wanted.

The M50 does not sample.

You can use the M50 to sequence any external MIDI gear though. Korg workstations have always had quite a comprehensive sequencer implementation allowing you to address external sound modules almost as if they were any other internal track - you just set the track to external (EXT) and select the program number. You can even store the mix and pan settings using the mixer just like you do for any internal program.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
MIDI_Thru_Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
MIDI_Thru_Kid wrote:
Plus the M50 samples, right? So you could even sample the microSAMPLER if you wanted.

The M50 does not sample.

You can use the M50 to sequence any external MIDI gear though. Korg workstations have always had quite a comprehensive sequencer implementation allowing you to address external sound modules almost as if they were any other internal track - you just set the track to external (EXT) and select the program number. You can even store the mix and pan settings using the mixer just like you do for any internal program.

Dangit, haha. Well, I was halfway right, lol Laughing

GEAR I'M INTERESTED IN: (Possibly a trade for any of the above?) KORG ESX-1, Yamaha MOTIF XS, Yamaha MU-100 Rack, Vintage Gear Dead or Alive: TB-303, Any other Roland TR-x0x Drum Machines, x0xb0x, ANY vintage synthesizers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: