Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Wavedrum and the Roland Handsonic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amusik2007

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Korg Wavedrum and the Roland Handsonic Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I am interested in both the Korg Wavedrum and the Roland Handsonic. To me they both look great and sound great. But would anyone recommend one over the other? If so why?

THANKS (:
Tom_1970

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am considering electronic percussion for quite a long time now and the Handsonic was one of the instruments I was interested in.

For one reason or the other I didn't buy it and the plan to buy a pad stays a plan for a couple of years now.
When I first saw the Wavedrum I was impressed by the specs and the demos made my attention shift to the wavedrum instead of a handsonic.

Demos and Youtube made me very enthousiastic about the wavedrum and yesterday I played with it for quite a time at my local musicstore and now I am even more enthousiastic and the Wavedrum is top on my priority list. The real drumhead on the wavedrum plays so much more like the real thing as the rubber pad of the handsonic.

The wavedrum really feels like the real thing. The handsonic has some very nice features but doesn't give me that feeling. I think it is also a matter of taste but I think the Wavedrum sounds better, more 'dynamic' then the handsonic.

Mind, I think the handsonic is a great instrument with features that the wavedrum hasn't but I prefer the feeling and sound of the wavedrum.
Besides the very good percussion I think the wavedrum has very interesting synth capablities.

If you want to use your pad as a versatile drum kit then the handsonic is a better choice I think. You can use pedals and the different trigger zones to trigger different drums. If you want to use your pad as a real percussion instrument with the same feeling as a real drum, then the wavedrum is your thing.

Of course this is just my opinion.
I would advis to try to play on both instruments before spending the money.

regards

Tom
amusik2007

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting points!

Thanks
candlewick

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: e-drums Reply with quote

If you are trying to emulate a compete drum kit, then the handsonic would be a much better choice.

"I Need More Cowbell!!"
-Todd

TritonLE76,X3R, M50-61, TD6V V-drum module w/ Pintech Mesh Triggers
rnbwkat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: both Reply with quote

I actually just received my "Oriental" and I have the HPD-15. I use them both - paired together, there is a lot you can do. I have to admit, as much as I love my HPD - the rubber pads are limiting and playing with sticks or brushes - not so much. Adding the Wavedrum to the mix gives you a lot more room to play.

Obviously it is a cost issue, but I know guitar players who save up to buy their $1000 guitars (or more) so saving up and getting both - just my 2 cents - is the real way to go!!!!

Once I get some practice in with both, I will post a vid or two with some tunes.

cheers
Kat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: