Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to synch audio tracks from microstation sequence to daw

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Branson

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: how to synch audio tracks from microstation sequence to daw Reply with quote

Hi, I am recording a 16 track sequence from the microstation into sonar x1 as audio tracks. I want to record tracks separately so I can process each track individually. Is their a way to record each track and have them synch up with each other ? Or what is the best way to do this? thanks
Im afraid to try midi, midi just ends up as audio anyway right? Rolling Eyes
Bacon

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the specifics of either Sonar or Microstation, but if I wanted to record the output from an external workstation synth as separate tracks in a DAW, I'd sync the synth's sequencer to the DAW so that the synth's sequencer starts when I press play in the DAW. I'd then set up 16 audio tracks in the DAW, solo the first track in the synth, set the first DAW track to record the audio, and press play in the DAW. Then I'd solo the second track in the synth, set the second DAW track to record the audio, etc.

To synch the Microstation's sequencer to Sonar, you need to make sure it receives MIDI clock from Sonar. I see that the Microstation has a USB connector that works as a MIDI interface, so you should connect this to the computer. There should be some setting in the Microstation that tells its sequencer to use an external MIDI clock. Enable this and you should be good to go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: