Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows 7 (64 bit) SV-1 Editor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
virtuocity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Windows 7 (64 bit) SV-1 Editor Reply with quote

I have downloaded the Editor in 64 bit format and have hooked up my SV-1 to my laptop using USB. I have also downloaded the USB driver.

Can someone help:

When I run the Editor, I do not have any options, cannot see anything etc.

It's like the SV-1 isn't connected properly.

Is this simply a Windows 7 thing?
jpvx-ray

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had the same problem with windows 7 64 bit. That is actually why I joined this forum. I posted a question about it on this forum but got no reply. So I gave up and have settled for the preloaded sounds. Maybe I will try again when I hear korg fixes the problem.
biffo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Windows 7 (64 bit) SV-1 Editor Reply with quote

virtuocity wrote:
I have downloaded the Editor in 64 bit format and have hooked up my SV-1 to my laptop using USB. I have also downloaded the USB driver.

Can someone help:

When I run the Editor, I do not have any options, cannot see anything etc.

It's like the SV-1 isn't connected properly.

Is this simply a Windows 7 thing?

I had a similar problem with Vista 32 bit and found that although I had installed the Korg driver my system was using a Windows generic driver. In addition to installing the Korg USB driver you have to default it to the USB socket that you are using. I found the following posts by Narfig and X-Trade very helpful:

Narfig wrote:
You need to install the Korg USB driver. If you go to the device manager and under sound, video and game controllers it should say KORG SV-1. If it just says SV-1 it's the Windows generic driver. Update the device driver and point it at the KORG USB-MIDI Driver directory in your \program files directory. Or remove it, turn off the SV-1 and re-run the set up program.

X-Trade wrote:
actually, for the KORG USB-MIDI Driver they give you a utility to stop you from having to update the driver manually.
you just register the driver with the device using Start > Programs > KORG > KORG USB-MIDI > Install KORG USB-MIDI Device
...or something along those lines...you will likely need to re-run this step if you ever plug it into a different port, just like printer drivers.

If I remember correctly the above is also explained extensively in the Editor Manual.

Regards

biffo
Derby Jesper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah right! Even if its said in the manual it doesn't work.... Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: