Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

why the keybed issues?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daviebhoy85

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed a clicking noise with every key but it only happens with one of the organ sounds (can't remember which one) but its my least fav organ sound so I don't use it.
mackbaz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daviebhoy85 wrote:
I have noticed a clicking noise with every key but it only happens with one of the organ sounds (can't remember which one) but its my least fav organ sound so I don't use it.

We're not talking about the click organ.. This is a physical noise coming from the keybed regardless if the keyboard is turned on.

On a side note I have just been contacted by Korg and I will be getting a replacement. I'm hoping for the best and will let you guys know. I've still not played another RH3 personally that had my issue so I have good faith in a replacement.
Siriosys

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mackbaz,

Hey, that's really encouraging news! I'm heartened when I hear that manufacturers are prepared to "put things right" as best they can...... fingers crossed, it's going to resolve your situation.

Korg have such a long history in keyboard game, that can only assume that they may have a few QA issues, some of which may only show up after a bit of usage. And I guess, credit where credit's due, they've been pretty good at bringing out both OS updates and Sound Packs which have come about as a result of listening to their customers...........so here's hoping for the same when it comes to keybed issues.
MBPro
mackbaz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah its really good news. I can't wait to have an at least standard keybed like the showroom models i have played. If I could dream I would have the keybed from a yamaha and sounds and interface of a Korg. Here's hoping for a great RH4 keybed in the future.
violet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys,
i started noticing some clicking noises with my keyboard also - it sounded like something was loose or jiggling when i play. at first i thought that maybe it was the sheet music holder vibrating against the wall, but i removed it and still the noise was there. it didn't seem to be limited to certain keys only, so i started holding each of the control knobs in place to see if it was because of a loose/vibrating knob. had limited success with that (though, i don't think that holding or taping the knobs in place is a good long term solution) - the keys stopped making the clicking sound for a few minutes, but then it came back. i think i've narrowed it down now to the voxwah (auto/pedal) switch. if i hold that button with my finger and play like a maniac on the keyboard i hear no annoying vibrating sound. kind of strange, considering that looked like the least likely culprit. anyway, my question now is - has anyone else found that the clicking noises were because of knobs/buttons on the control panel vibrating? should i be contacting korg for "repair"? because it seems like overkill to bring in the keyboard for a button that might be loose. is this a known problem and is there an easy fix? (other than taping the button down or something equally ugly)

thanks in advance.
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although some may have genuine issues with there keybeds,Personally from this thread I wonder how many people otherwise wouldn't have even noticed any clicking or the like on the RH3.

After reading this thread I checked mine out when I bought one recently
Some of the keys on mine have a click,but its simply just the mechanics of the keybed,and given its a weighted keybed would expect a certain amount of imperfections as to its mechanics in its movement due to different weighting across the zones.

I've owned a few Weighted keybeds both and the Korg SV has no more mechanical noise/Imperfections than any other
mackbaz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kontrol49 wrote:
Although some may have genuine issues with there keybeds,Personally from this thread I wonder how many people otherwise wouldn't have even noticed any clicking or the like on the RH3.

Some of the keys on mine have a click,but its simply just the mechanics of the keybed,and given its a weighted keybed would expect a certain amount of imperfections as to its mechanics in its movement due to different weighting across the zones.

I've owned a few Weighted keybeds both and the Korg SV has no more mechanical noise/Imperfections than any other

You're right. I think its only some keybeds.. I have played many RH3s that have normal noise.. but I had some serious anomalies.

As far as the noise from the panel, when I had mine fixed the first time they found some packing styrofoam behind the panel... they removed it and that noise went away.. Wasn't a click though. It sounded just like vibrating.
Siriosys

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kontrol49 wrote:

I hear what you're saying, but I'm sorry - your argument doesn't stack up with regards to my setup. it's a very specific clicking limited to (now) 2 keys on my keyboard. This has nothing to do with weighted keybeds - I've repaired many pianos in my time and have owned many weighted key keyboards and believe me, it's not the "imperfections" that come with such a beast. My 5+ year old Roland RD700SX doesn't have such "idiosyncrasies" and that's been played 2 hours a night 4 nights a week for the last 3 years. it's not reasonable for E4, and F#4 to work fine, but having the F4 in the middle of them clicking to the point that it can be felt through one's fingers.
MBPro
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reread the first line of my OP...

My SV has a few keys that have a slight click,something several Weighted boards I've had did,Not an imperfection but part of the mechanics, put your headphones on and your non the wiser...its not an argument simply an observation.

I'm not saying yours is acceptable,or not a defective one,even semi weighted have mechanical noise,the Roland would use a different keybed so whilst relevant,can't be compared in fairness to the issues some have had with the RH3,if you can feel it through the key then theres a problem

what I'm saying is that like myself after reading this thread the first thing I did was check for that imperfection and I dare say there are others who did the same and checked who never have used a Korg weighted board and perhaps thought a slight Click meant it was defective and panicked whereas they never would have the idea in their heads had they not read this thread...most things like that become Psychological to the point your convinced there is a problem.

If someone buys a board and has a cosmetic/Mechanical issue thats perhaps an isolated issue to a few units in the series and then posts a thread about it its inevitable other people are going to check for the same problem even if they'd never noticed it prior,its the same with those threads about the valve lifetime....I wonder how many would even worry or even think about how long a valve lasts had there never been a thread about someones not working.
mackbaz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to update you guys. I received my replacement from Korg and it is solid. There may be some bad keybeds out there, but these guys really went out of their way to help me. Thanks Korg!
Ritmo-De-Shuffle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I'd post so you get an evaluation from another SV-1 owner...

My keybed is consistent, plays well and has no "extreme" clicks other than what you'd expect.

I saw the first YouTube video posted here and it does look a little "wobblier," and inconsistent than mine, but without being in front of the board, I couldn't really compare.

I practice obsessively - between 6 and 12 hours a day, at least 6 days a week and I've giiged my SV-1 all over the place and it's taken a couple of knocks. I have a pretty percussive style, giving the keys a bit of a wallop, but it's still as good as new.

Over a year of playing and my keybed still seems fine.

I hope anyone who really finds a problem with their keybed can get it fixed easily, because mine's definitely hunky-dory!

G'luck Smile
Macneil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received mine back yesterday after Korg UK replaced the keybed and I must say it was never like this, even from new. Massive difference and solid in comparison... time will tell if it loosens up, but so far...delighted! So a big thank you to Korg UK also...
Macneil

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So 3 months down the line with a replacement keybed...

As I hoped would't happen... I have extra percussion again. It took around a month to develope the click in certain keys. There are 3 in particular driving me nuts and I've noticed a black key clicking now on this one that didnt happen on the other. (LED disco lights still doing the same thing too)

Noticed other posts here on the forum on keys collapsing and a guy with the same LED problem also.

What do I do? Be happy with it... try to ignore it?

Speak to Korg again?

Their suggestion on the last return was "If I'm not happy with the replacement keybed I should maybe sell it".

I still love the thing I don't want to sell it.
doctorteeth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Clicking noise Reply with quote

I've noticed clicking too, but realized it was the keys hitting each other due to the sideways force of my finger hitting the key in a fashion my piano teacher would never approve of.
It's not the same as what has been described (at quite considerable length.)
Love my SV1, but I've been without any thing for a long time.
Cheers,
Macneil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drive my car in a fashion my instructor back then wouldn't approve of too.... If the wheels on my car (as fundamental as keys on piano) had loose bearings after 3 months, I'd be asking questions about that too...

If I ask the dealer why 1 of my wheels is shaking while the others not and they reply its the nature you should maybe sell it... well.

As long as I'm hitting it with my fingers and not anything else, should I have to compromise how I hit certain keys on a £1600 KORG flagship instrument...

It amuses me that tone generator has key click, when the RH3 can sound like an old Rhodes without it Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: