Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New to MicroSampler

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: New to MicroSampler Reply with quote

Hi, after years of not having a hardware sampler (my last one was an Ensoniq EPS16+ back in the early 90's) I decided to pick up one of these for fun, and to teach my kid.

I realize there are some limitations, but now that they sell for $270 Canadian dollars with a $20 gift card tossed in I couldn't refuse.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it. I'm using it for beats, sound effects and FX, and sample my Korg R3 and DS Mopho for leads. It works around the limitation of the one keyboard sound per pattern.

Overall a great deal for a cool instrument! considering I paid over $3000 for my ensoniq that could only load 2 floppy discs of sample data (2 megs?) this thing has a lot going for it.
lloydsmith

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - that's a a lot less than £379 I paid for it last year. But then the UK is expensive. What was the full dollar price?

Congratulations and have fun - be interesting to hear some comparisons with the Ensoniq!
Strat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lloydsmith wrote:
Wow - that's a a lot less than £379 I paid for it last year.

When I asked the salesman why they've been discounted, he replied that it had nothing to do with Korg...it was due to them "buying hundreds of them" in anticipation of it being a hot product at the beginning of the year.

http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/10515/ the sales is still going on... Keep in mind, free shipping over $200 and they throw $20 back to you if you buy in store in Canada.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: