Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to load patterns in ims-20
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJ1975NL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

No I didn't try that yet. Gonna give it a go.
LouisP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I understanding correctly in that you saved a few separate songs, say Song1 Song2 and Song3, as different sessions, and you want to load them up as patterns in another session in order to play them back sequentially?

From what I see, you need to have all your patterns in the same self-contained session.

From the Song/PTN screen, you press Pattern 1, record it, go to Pattern 2, record that, and so on, until your whole song is ready. Then you click the white buttons at the top of the Song arranger and select each pattern in proper order.

As far as importing bits of other sessions as individual patterns, I don't think that's feasible. You can copy patterns from the Utility menu, but that's still inside the same session.

I know it's annoying but you can at least save and load instruments between sessions (Sound Preset -> Browse/Save) and re-enter your notes on the sequencer Sad

Maybe it's doable and the method simply went completely over my head, because this would totally come in handy at times, and I'd wish for it in a future update.

Hope you can work something out.
JJ1975NL

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Louis,

You understood this perfectly. That is exactly what i meant. I want to combine things i make with things i made earlier. And i think that is just not possible.

A real bummer, cause a lack of such a feature really restrains the versatility of the ims20. Now you only can vary on one theme inside one single session.

Like you, i'm hoping for an update that makes this possible.

@darknight: see above. Uninstalling and installing again didn't do the trick.

Thanks all for your help.
LouisP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJ1975NL wrote:
Now you only can vary on one theme inside one single session.

I haven't dwelved deeply into song mode yet, but can't you basically change all the routing/drum sounds/effects per pattern? If you listen to the sample songs provided you'll see a lot can vary between patterns, even within the same session. You can patch one of the sequencer's Trig Out outputs to its own Reset Trig to make patterns shorter than 16 beats if you require them.

I just checked real quick and it seems you can't change the master effect within a song, but since every synth/drum can have a seperate effect, I don't think it's that big of a deal. You're likely to want a consistent reverb/compressor/eq anyway...

Don't give up! There's tons of ways to get creative with this app! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: