Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krog

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: How do you........ Reply with quote

.......change the parameters of the Kaoss pads on the iMS20 app?

I cannot seem to modify the parameters at all despite what it implies in the user 'manual'.

It's fine if you pick one of the pre-set loaded songs and use it as a template but even that has it's limitations because as soon as you delete the pattern the parameters controlling the Kaoss pad seem to disappear as well.

Any help would be appreciated Very Happy

Cheers,

Krog.
Teenage Engineering : OP-1
Other : Samson Carbon 61 Midi Keys
Apps : iKaossilator, iElectribe, iElectribe Gorillaz Edition, iMS20, iPolySix, ReBirth, Figure, Nanostudio, Animoog, Funkbox
DAW : Logic, Maschine
Studio : Behringer Xenyx 1002FX, Behringer MS40 Monitors.
Past : M50, Microkorg, Kaossilator Pro, Korg Micro-X, Kaosillator, Roland SH-101, Mattel Synsonic Drums, Casio VL Tone, Casio MT-30, Casio SK-1, Yamaha SY55, Roland TR-505
http://www.youtube.com/Krog360
im70

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Kaoss Pad Perameters Reply with quote

I too cannot figure out how to assign new parameters to the Kaoss Pads in the iMS-20.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Would also like to request an easily recognized area for iMS-20 messages. To locate relevant info, I have been doing a search for "iMS-20" every time I visit this forum finding messages scattered all over the place.

Many thanks for maintaining this helpful and essential service.
LouisP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see if I remember this correctly, took me some time to figure out.

-Slide the iMS-20 screen up, until you see the sequencer up top.

-You should see four square white buttons on the left: Note (default), Vol/Pan, Parameter, and Voltage. Parameter is what you want, click it.

-Immediately on the right you should see Channel A, B and C, top to bottom, on the sequencer. Underneath each of these is a dark grey rectangular button.

-If you touch one of these grey buttons, say Channel A, a list of tweakable parameters pops up. These include anything from oscillators to filters to LFOs and effects.

-From that list, select the first parameter you want to control. What you record on the Kaoss Pad will get mirrored here.

-Set up Channel B with a second parameter. Typically, you could put LP Cutoff and LP Peak on these A/B channels, modulation works well too.

-Finally, open up the Kaoss Pad panel (button at the top right of the menu bar), press the Settings button in the Kaoss Pad panel, and set your X and Y axes to Param 1 and Param 2 respectively. The status panel underneath the X/Y settings will reflect the parameters you chose in the sequencer. You can only assign these parameters to the left pad, the right one is reserved for pitch/gate. If you feel the need to reverse this, visit the Global panel (menu bar).

-When you press the REC button, any movement on the pads will get mirrored on the sequencer's appropriate knob row. You can then record over using the Kaoss Pad, or tweak individual steps directly on the sequencer.

Yea, once you do it a couple of times it becomes second nature but it's definitely not the most straightforward approach.

Protip: If you swipe a knob in the interface from left to right (a quick flick of the finger away from the center of the knob, as opposed to holding it down), it's value will change by 0.01. If you swipe vertically instead, the value will change by 0.10. This is convenient when you want to snap a controller back to it's zero point but keep overshooting by .01 Razz
Krog

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@LouisP

Many thanks for that Very Happy
I dont think I would have ever figured that out for myself Confused

Thanks again,

Krog.
Teenage Engineering : OP-1
Other : Samson Carbon 61 Midi Keys
Apps : iKaossilator, iElectribe, iElectribe Gorillaz Edition, iMS20, iPolySix, ReBirth, Figure, Nanostudio, Animoog, Funkbox
DAW : Logic, Maschine
Studio : Behringer Xenyx 1002FX, Behringer MS40 Monitors.
Past : M50, Microkorg, Kaossilator Pro, Korg Micro-X, Kaosillator, Roland SH-101, Mattel Synsonic Drums, Casio VL Tone, Casio MT-30, Casio SK-1, Yamaha SY55, Roland TR-505
http://www.youtube.com/Krog360
im70

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Thanks so much! Reply with quote

Never in a million years would I have figured that one out without your help. Thanks again.

I am so glad that we've got a working iMS-20 forum now!
Nomade

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: How to - Kaoss pad Reply with quote

An additional question: Is there a possibility to use the kaoss pad without any tempo settings? I'd like it to produce only the sound without any repetition and modulate this sound with the left kaoss pad.
FranklynMartin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this forum is so helpful for picking up tips and tricks like this - my iMS20 tracks have really improved based on the help .

I'd be interested to know if anyone has tried using the iMS20 as part of a live performance?
Nomade

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started using the iMS-20 as additional keyboard/effect generator in addition to a Yamaha stage piano. This worked well so far, but it would be nice to have some more rhythm-free sound generating possibilities. Does anybody have some experience whether this is possible with the iMS or not (e.g. Kaoss-pad without tempo based sound generation)?
bunchy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey

Did you ever get the iMS-20 Kaoss pad problem fixed?
I looked into it myself. It does seem the the pads are hard wired to the Tempo adjustment. I noticed that if you crank the tempo to the max and keep your finger near the top of the right hand pad (i.e a long gate) you do get a smooth left pad effects transition.
OK, so now, how about a smooth pitch transition for the right pad? Is this possible? The portamento knob doesnt seem to fix that.

Nomade wrote:
I started using the iMS-20 as additional keyboard/effect generator in addition to a Yamaha stage piano. This worked well so far, but it would be nice to have some more rhythm-free sound generating possibilities. Does anybody have some experience whether this is possible with the iMS or not (e.g. Kaoss-pad without tempo based sound generation)?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: