Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Connecting everything !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darknight

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Connecting everything !! Reply with quote

Ok guys, just wanna check a few things here,
I want to start using my pad on the pc, with stuff like reason, cubase etc,
I want a keyboard as well, i also would like to use a normal stereo amp and speakers at some point,.
So i know the stereo isnt a prob, just a tv connection kit,
But how do i go about the ipad,keyboard, and pc setup?
I can get a usb to midi connector from my ipad to keyboard, so would i use ipad midi in on keyboard then usb to pc?
Prob is i want to use my laptop for this not my home daw, so my laptop has only usb and mic/ headphones sockets, i can use a usb keyboard for that of course, hope you get what i mean, do i use a usb or midi keyboard and how to connect the pad, keyboard and pc so they all work......phew, sorry if its long winded,lol
Krog

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

You may not be able to do what you want just yet as it appears the iMS20 app does not currently support MIDI.

See this topic for similar info.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=56951

Cheers,

Krog.
Teenage Engineering : OP-1
Other : Samson Carbon 61 Midi Keys
Apps : iKaossilator, iElectribe, iElectribe Gorillaz Edition, iMS20, iPolySix, ReBirth, Figure, Nanostudio, Animoog, Funkbox
DAW : Logic, Maschine
Studio : Behringer Xenyx 1002FX, Behringer MS40 Monitors.
Past : M50, Microkorg, Kaossilator Pro, Korg Micro-X, Kaosillator, Roland SH-101, Mattel Synsonic Drums, Casio VL Tone, Casio MT-30, Casio SK-1, Yamaha SY55, Roland TR-505
http://www.youtube.com/Krog360
Darknight

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks krog, sorry should have been more specific, was meaning in general really, i want to buy a new keyboard, and use the pad and my laptop to make music, i know i can do the kp3 route, but wondered if anyone knew how i would go about connecting said pieces, or whats keyboards would be best and compatible?
Krog

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Very Happy

Right, at the moment your options are a little limited because the iMS20 app does not support MIDI and so a keyboard and your iPad are just not going to talk to each other.

I think your best bet for using DAW software is to either use the iPad as an external source to record into the DAW or 'bounce' your patterns from within the app to then use as loops within your DAW.

A simple cable from the headphones out on the iPad to the computer audio in is all that you will need for the first option I suggested and you don't even need that if you 'bounce' your patterns straight from the app as they should then be available in iTunes the next time you sync your pad.

So, at this point in time, buying a keyboard would be pointless for the iMS20 app but I guess you could always use it as a controller for your DAW software and then wait for Korg to patch the app to open up MIDI Very Happy

Cheers,

Krog.
Teenage Engineering : OP-1
Other : Samson Carbon 61 Midi Keys
Apps : iKaossilator, iElectribe, iElectribe Gorillaz Edition, iMS20, iPolySix, ReBirth, Figure, Nanostudio, Animoog, Funkbox
DAW : Logic, Maschine
Studio : Behringer Xenyx 1002FX, Behringer MS40 Monitors.
Past : M50, Microkorg, Kaossilator Pro, Korg Micro-X, Kaosillator, Roland SH-101, Mattel Synsonic Drums, Casio VL Tone, Casio MT-30, Casio SK-1, Yamaha SY55, Roland TR-505
http://www.youtube.com/Krog360
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: