Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Impossible Midi setup on win7 64bit for my PX5D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thekicker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Impossible Midi setup on win7 64bit for my PX5D Reply with quote

OMG!
Dunno where to start writing cuz i tried literally all wot the other threads provided as solutionms as well as all my know-how in PCs + all the possible drivers/software that i got from korg USA and korg UK downloads and the result is still the same - can't get the midi to work when my PX5D is connected.
i have the following and tried them all (with many combinations)
Pandora PX5D Full CD
PX5DSE_Win_1_01_633710025558440000
PX5DSE_Win_1_02_634224742593410000
V111Fix_633994896796980000
V111FixInternal Error. K_coinst
DrvTools_e2

the maximum i reached was i got the following under DEVICE MANAGER/SOUND,VIDEO & GAME CONTROLLERS
KORG PANDORA PX5D
PANDORA PX5D
the first one has the famous exclamation yellow mark and the 2nd is a USB audio device - i was able to remedy the DIGITALLY SIGNED DRIVER crap of windows by restarting PC, clicking F8 and choosing BYPASS digitally signed driver - so i got BOTH of those working BUT when i start sound editor and go to MIDI (ofc it shows from the beginning DUMP RECEIVE IS NOT AVAILABLE) PC crashes with the ever so famous blue screen ^___^
add to that i am not able to install any of those files that contain the following:
V111Fix_633994896796980000
V111FixInternal Error. K_coinst
both contain the file V111Fix & V111Fix64 - this is the read me first that comes with them:
"If you have previously installed KORG USB-MIDI Driver Tools 1.11, you may run into the error message "Internal Error. K_coinst.exe" when installing KORG USB-MIDI Driver Tools 1.12 on a Windows 7 computer.
Please follow the instructions below to remedy this.
1. Download the file and unzip it to any location.
2. Double-click "V111fix.exe".
3. Click [Execute]. (This may take a little while to process)
4. Click [Close] when the process has completed.
5. Install DrvTools 1.12 for KORG USB-MIDI Driver V1.12."
any file i click EXECUTE i get this message:"The corresponding DrvTools V1.11 was not found. Click close"

i have uninstalled everything used the original CD intaller then used the zip file PX5DSE_Win_1_01_633710025558440000
and did all steps thoruought all the threads that talk about the problem - restarted PC, again uninstalled and tried PX5DSE_Win_1_02_634224742593410000 that gave me the same result.
i also downloaded utilities that let u choose Midi (u know u can't do this under windows 7 and vista) as soon as i get to choose midi the PC blows up with the blue screen.
add to that under Start/programs/korg/KORG USB-MIDI Driver Tools
if i click install korg USB driver it starts and then blue screen; same if i click Configure KORG USB-MIDI Driver

i searched the goddam net like crazy to no avail.
obviously even though i see the 2 drivers under device manager without a problem but since i tricked it with the bypass digitally signed driver it is crashing but without this trick IMPOSSIBLE to get the driver KORG PANDORA PX5D to work while PANDORA PX5D is working but DUMP RECEIVE ain't there.
i have put my unit for sale where i live cuz i used it TWO TIMES! still brand new and i really need this thing to work - i use it for home practice.
i can never part from my Digitech 2101 limited Edition Tube (best guitar processor ever - had it since April 95 and it is still the best in the world IMHO)

hope some1 can help me out there.

Booze and blues.
Roger
thekicker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow not a single comment ^^
it is really weird korg didnt provide any win 7 64 bit sound editor with all drivers and s**t
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK if you have the latest version of the KORG USB-MIDI Driver it should work on W7 x64.

I haven't used the PX5D specifically.

-Make sure you have the latest driver from the Korg website.
-Run the installer package
-Plug in the device
-Run the device install utility:
Start > Programs > Korg > USB-MIDI Driver > Install KORG USB-MIDI Device.

Or something like that. The path names may not be exactly the same.

You shouldn't need to mess around in device manager or anything like that. that is what the utility is for: assigning the driver to the device. Otherwise windows tries to use its own drivers which don't work properly.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
thekicker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tx for posting and trying to help me man - but i did that already and same problem Sad
thekicker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got it to work on my laptop; then i did the same on PC and it worked LOL.

cheers all
Smack

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done all that and it still does not work - irritating, it should just plug and play.
PaddyO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup...with y' smack...
same problem for me...
hours wasted...
still feel I'm no nearer!?
help
caliban4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you get the message DUMP RECEIVE IS NOT AVAILABLE, go into the midi option and use the drop down menu. Choose Pandora for in and out and the editor will work fine.

The @%$!! problem with the Korg driver is that while you get the editor to work fine, it seems to block the Windows gs wavetable option and you could lose audio in your non korg applications. Like someone said, it should be just plug and play, especially for the price you're paying but it ain't and Korg does not seem to care based on the number of people experiencing the same problem without any solution coming from korg.
Wisko55

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a PX5D for just over a year when I got a new PC with Windows 7 (64-bit), and the Pandora just couldn't connect to the new PC like it could with my XP box. After a few attempts at getting the sound editor to work, the PX5D stopped working altogether and I got a whiff of electronic death from the Pandora, signaling it's end.
I must say that the time that I had the PX5D was ONE ROCKING YEAR, and if I can get proof that the PX5D has no problems connecting to a 64-bit Windows 7 box, I'd be looking at taking the plunge again.
A few weeks after I got it, I programmed the bass & drum tracks to play "Little Wing", and made quite a few other chains that had my hands on the guitar for hours!
I still have a PX4B that I had for a year or 2 before I got the 5D, and it still works like a champ, but the 5D has the USB interface and so much more!
thekicker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI download the latest Driver and it works like a charm on win7 64-bit
deltapancake

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the exact same problem. Windows 7, 64 bit. Despite doing most of what you've tried in the original post, I also just recently downloaded all of the latest drivers. The midi in and output in the sound editor was set to Pandora yet my Bass still cannot record using audacity! It's doing this weird thing where it records external sounds through the laptop's microphone...

This is very frustrating because I have an HD webcam coming today but I cannot record my music to make video's!

Any suggestions?
thekicker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deltapancake wrote:
I am having the exact same problem. Windows 7, 64 bit. Despite doing most of what you've tried in the original post, I also just recently downloaded all of the latest drivers. The midi in and output in the sound editor was set to Pandora yet my Bass still cannot record using audacity! It's doing this weird thing where it records external sounds through the laptop's microphone...

This is very frustrating because I have an HD webcam coming today but I cannot record my music to make video's!

Any suggestions?

if u mean there is no sound coming from ur output then i have it too; it just won't work even though i see pandora in RECORDING and i can see there is signal. but wot i do is actually use USB for power/dumping patches. to connect i use my creative front panel inputs (jack in this case) and use the line2/mic2 to record
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: