Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WAVEDRUM PRO DUE IN JAN 2011?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krusty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:08 am    Post subject: WAVEDRUM PRO DUE IN JAN 2011? Reply with quote

Call me crazy, but I have a hunch.
That Korg will follow what it did with the original Kaossilator..Follow up with a new Wavedrum Pro..I further predict they will announce and demo next jan at the usual NAMM show in california.
This Wavedrum Pro will have at least over the original Wavedrum.
1.sd card patch memory
2. usb in/out including free pc/mac editor librarian
3. ability to store and use your own pcm samples using the editor/librarian as above.
4. larger set of presets, patterns ect.
5.ability to chain wavedrums together via usb cable..making it possible
to play at least 2 wds at once..with pressure and velocity splits between them ect .

Lets hope so! As I notice at youtube and other sites the major criticism where guys say they would buy one are mainly lack of sd storage and usb editor ect..I am sure Korg is reading and noticing hence they will wisely use adding those as a base additions to bring out a Pro version to capture the sales they are missing now..They probably like they have done with the Kaossilators continue to produce and sell the original WD..
Am i mad or a prophet? let me know please, ha!
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krusty I guess you were n the right track, we get the Oriental now. Even with out a librarian and USB and SD card I still want one! I am a bit disappointed though that there isn't some sort of memory card added and a library app. Even with the 100 user patches of the original it is a lot of stuff to write down, now with 150 it's even more to keep track of on paper. Glad I have a ledger book!
Charlie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, all companies have to improve their products on a continuing basis. Korg will do so too as long as they want to stay in business. So: No, you're not a prophet - you're just a decent observer. Wink
Crystalmsc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: WAVEDRUM PRO DUE IN JAN 2011? Reply with quote

Krusty wrote:
3. ability to store and use your own pcm samples using the editor/librarian as above.

Inspired by the Kaoss Quad, I'd love to see that pro is going to be able to layer four sounds, each with a dedicated on/off buttons. The editor is going to be even more useful to edit layered combi.
Korg: Wavedrum/Mini/Global, MS-20m, Volca Beats/Bass/Key, Trinity Pro, Karma + Moss Board, 01R/W, Wavestation/SR/EX, microKORG XL, Kaossilator Pro, iKaossilator, Kaoss Pad Quad, Monotribe, Monotron/duo/delay, DS-10, Korg Collection V2, Korg Gadget, microKEY25
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: