Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M3 damaged by UPS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
szurcio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: M3 damaged by UPS Reply with quote

I just ordered a used M3 (it was a customer return with a 30-day warranty). It came on Thursday and it looks like UPS damaged the unit in shipping (the plastic corner on the left near the joystick was broken, loose in the box, and there is a small dent in the metal casing under the ribbon controller). I really like the instrument though and I think I will keep it because it was a pretty good price. What is the best way to check if the ribbon controller is working properly?
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: M3 damaged by UPS Reply with quote

szurcio wrote:
I just ordered a used M3 (it was a customer return with a 30-day warranty). It came on Thursday and it looks like UPS damaged the unit in shipping (the plastic corner on the left near the joystick was broken, loose in the box, and there is a small dent in the metal casing under the ribbon controller). I really like the instrument though and I think I will keep it because it was a pretty good price. What is the best way to check if the ribbon controller is working properly?

If it was damaged, inform the seller, take a lot of pictures and return it.
Trinity2112
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: M3 damaged by UPS Reply with quote

BillW wrote:
If it was damaged, inform the seller, take a lot of pictures and return it.

Absolutely. You didn't pay for a damaged M3. Returning it may be a PITA but you'll be glad you did when all is said and done.
Current Korg Lineup: Kronos 61, Oasys 76 · M3-61/RADIAS · Trinity Plus/HDR · 01/WFD · 01R/W · X3R · M3R · Wavestation EX · Wavestation SR · Triton Rack/MOSS · Z1EX · TR-Rack · Karma · D3200 · iM1 · iWavestation · iMono/Poly
Other Synths: Berhinger Deepmind 12 · iProphet · Moog Model D
Dearly departed: X3
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you got it from American Musical Supply, they probably shipped it out that way.

just sayin'
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
szurcio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I got it from Unique Squared in Atlanta: http://www.uniquesquared.com/
I paid $1,199
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

szurcio wrote:
No, I got it from Unique Squared in Atlanta: http://www.uniquesquared.com/
I paid $1,199

Hmmmm...I almost took one of those ebay deals. Now I'm glad I didn't. You should return it though...you didn't pay for a damaged M3.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely your first move should be to call/phone the Seller. They can arrange to have the unit picked up and then either send you a replacement or refund your money.

Under no circumstance should you agree to get the unit fixed yourself or contact UPS yourself. This problem belongs to the seller since they contracted UPS to deliver it.

Make sure you take a number of digital photos and keep all of the original packaging.

Good luck. Let us know what happens.
mocando
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be glad to be living in the states having all kinds of options for warranties, cheap shipping, return policies, etc. Down here is a pain to have things shipped from anywhere, so we resort to buy locally paying a premium price for much cheaper goods.
You don't have any idea what kind of hidden damage your unit may have, that it looks to be fine now, but in a few hours/days/weeks/months it might be a nightmare.

I just can't figure the kind of hit your M3 took so not even the internal packaging protection allowed a broken part and a dented metal cover.

Korg Gear: Wavestation
Korg Software: KLC Wavestation, iWavestation for iPad
Non Korg: M-Audio Code 61 MIDI Controller, Nektar GX49 MIDI Controller
Music Computing: 16in Macbook Pro with Touch Bar Mid 2019, i9 32GB RAM 2TB Flash, MacOS Catalina - 2019 iPad Air 64GB
Software: Apple MainStage, Arturia V Collection 7, Arturia OB-Xa V
Visit: Synth Fans :: Everything Synths Twitter: @korgfans
gurn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got lucky. Korg M3m from Guitar Factory in Upstate NY.
New Factory Second. UPS didn't log it in when it shipped.
That was a PITA. But thank God, it arrived safely - in tact.

It was an EBay deal. Sweet too. $1099.

Now I'm living in SE Asia with it. A warranty?

I knew when I bought it - any warranty is useless.
szurcio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An (unbelievable) update Evil or Very Mad :
OK, UPS took the damaged M3 and they will probably issue a refund to the seller. In the meantime, the seller shipped a replacement M3, which was supposed to be delivered on Monday (Dec. 20th). It didn't come and when I talked to UPS this morning, they told me that they can't locate the package. The seller just initiated a trace. When I tell you that UPS already damaged a like-new Karma I bought through KVR Audio earlier this year, you will think I'm paranoic... I hope I'm not - anyway, I will never ever ship anything with UPS again! And I will never buy anything online if their main shipping provider is UPS.
ozy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi..

I have an objective datum for you:

my wife works in shipping, and since I had a minor annoyance (a long delay) with an instrument I bought, she told me that:

1) shipping is usually messy around X-Mas,

2) but this year UPS, DHL etc seem totally lost in SNAFU-land. Nothing seems to work, deliveries are delayed, explanations are nowhere to be got, phone calls go unanswered: the full Zimbabwe Airlines treatment.

Part of it is certainly due to the awful weather which is disrupting flights around the world and creating delays even for regional flights.

Part is... who knows? Understaffed due to the slow economy? Or whatever.

But certainly you can expect delays and not-so-excellent service, customer support, etc.

You can also take this with optimism: if these are the general conditions for a few weeks, then a "untraceable parcel" message is less bad that it would be in normal conditions.

It may just mean that the system is clogged, and the parcel is just waiting in a warehouse, to be delivered as soon as conditions return to normality.

Take this for what is worth, but since my wife works a lot with parcels etc., it's probably a realistic assessment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: