Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MS2000R Error Message IPL s.p.u

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxy131

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:27 am    Post subject: MS2000R Error Message IPL s.p.u Reply with quote

I got my show tonight and when I set up my gear and fired up my MS2000R, there was wonderful error message on the screen:

IPL s.p.u

Does anyone by chance know what this message means and how I can go about remedying it? Any help would be much appreciated.

Christine
Hoschi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Turn on the MS2000/R ON while holding the WRITE and TYPE buttons.
The MS2000/R LCD indicates the following:
|IPL s.p.u"

Htis is from an op sys upgrade guide

So ur machine is in upgrade mode when it starts what sounds like it has no functioning op system anymore or ur knobs are broken.

if ur knobs are not glued in
i would try to do the update to get a new os installed

there u can gt the update tool under downloads:
http://korg.com/SupportResults.aspx?productid=478

the only thig i found interesting is that i tried that and i got an higher os on mine .. vs 1.08 have the 2kB version

Hope this may help
telephone1652

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is a long since dead thread, but I had and solved the same problem on a couple different Korgs. I'm gonna leave this answer here for when I forget the solution and google it, as this forum is the first page that comes up.

In my case the culprit has been one of the jacks inside the board connecting the PCB to the front panel. If you open this guy up you'll see a bunch of rectangular white plastic connectors with wires. If one of those comes partially unseated you'll get that error message, I think because the various buttons are not in the state that the processor expects when the system boots.

Look for loose jacks and plug those dudes back in!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: