Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

C'mon Korg, Let Us Share The Love.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhastlyH

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: C'mon Korg, Let Us Share The Love. Reply with quote

I'd been hemming and hawing over getting a Korg MicroSampler when they first came out to compliment my MicroKorg XL. I'm glad I waited because with the recent price drop it's very easy to dismiss all the problems I have with the machine as for this price it's a pretty hard machine to beat.

The editor/librarian is simple and functional although I've found it best to just use it to import the samples onto my PC, then export them as .WAV files, edit the .WAVs in a better audio programme then import the .WAVs back into the editor librarian.

I've had it about a month now and I've been just messing around with some of the free sample packs that Korg offers.

Big <3 for JetDaisuki's SHOWTIME bank. It's impossible not to smile while playing around with it.

Anyway. This weekend I finally got some time to try creating a sample bank of my own and I thoroughly enjoyed the process, from the sampling, to the editing, to the creating the patterns.

The only lack of joy I have is there's now nowhere to share my sample bank.

Korg could really help strengthen the MicroSampler community by creating a sampleshare website for its users.

Has any third party created such a site yet?
Corbytender

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

None exist that I know of. But I agree - this needs to happen. Now.
Griffin Avid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the microSAMPLER takes common formats, why would it need to be only for MS-1 users? I'd rather belong to a general sample/swap yahoo group of some type. There's lots of places to upload stuff so I think we should start with a single stickied thread here and see if it grows.

There's a thread below with someone asking to start this very idea and really- no one has responded.

We would need a ten+ page thread to show that level of serious interest. And since this is an unofficial KORG forum, I don't see any Korgonaughts showing up to invest money/effort in hosting FREE user libraries.

It's a users forum, those with interest could easily start their own system for this idea. Don't wait for KORG, do it yourself.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT simple, create a dropbox account and send the link so everyone to access it. It will give us 2gb that we can share. Each time one of us uploads a sample pack on dropbox its automatically downloads it for everyone else, to his computer. If you modify the sample pack, its automatically modifies on eveyone else computer as long he is online and has connected with the dropbox account. If he is not, it will update as soon as we connects.

If he does not want to donwloads files automatically to his computer, then he still has the option to visit himself the dropbox website and download the files he needs.

I used dropbox for several projects and works like a charm. The fac that it syncs the files, meas that anyone can contribute even slightly to the samples, without the hassle of reuploadin, redownloading whole pack. Dropbox will find the file that have been modified , and will sync them, automatically.

Those 2 gbs are free by the way.

https://www.dropbox.com

Dropbox can play even in iphone and linux, so it is flexible. A similar service is also Ubuntu's "Ubuntu One" and I am sure they are similar services going around. I am always open to other suggestions.

http://www.soundclick.com/kilon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: