Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The SV-1 @ Christmas

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Pro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: The SV-1 @ Christmas Reply with quote

I used my SV-1 73 extensively for holiday parties this year and i thought I would share a picture of it. I use a Music Pad Pro for sheet music and playing of backing MP3 files (in front of the SV-1), a Motion sound KP-500sn stereo amp, and a pair of "flame effect" lights beside the keyboard for a toasty fire glow. It sets up easy and sounds great, Happy holidays!

TonyMaggio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Looks great Reply with quote

This is a great looking keyboard that also happens to sound great!
agerhbour

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how's that amp sound?
I'm thinking of getting either the 100 or 200 version.
do they handle the stereo sound well?
The Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I LOVE the Motion Sound amp. I owned the KP-200s before the KP-500sn and I think the 500 sounds better in the lower midrange, which really helps with both AP and EP sounds. The stereo sound works well and overall i don't think there is a better stage amp for the SV-1 on the market

BTW I own the KP-100s version as well and I don't like the speakers that it comes with, which are cheapo Eminence Alpha 8's. I finally blew them out and took the advice of friends who said the 100 sounds much better with Eminence Beta 8's... they were dead right. It sounds a lot better with the more powerful Betas, and i think the Betas will last longer because they are rated at a higher wattage than the Alphas. It's hard to justify buying a new KP-100s and then buying new speakers to go into it but I believe the 100s with Betas is the perfect 100-watt stereo amp.
agerhbour

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome, I've found someone who lives near me who is selling their 200 version for a pretty good price, I'm hopefully going to check it out soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: