Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I get started
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdoo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buggs1a -

I can't tell from your post which of your tracks you wanted comments on. I really like what you posted about in your other thread. MySong3 is a great tune. The top couple of patterns ('jan 29 2011 bell sound' and 'First Reason 5 test') seem a lot more simple and pulled back. Not that I can do better - but the beats seem a little simple and repeatative.

That said -- I am awful with drum patterns, which is why I like the iElectribe app, and ReBirth. I watched the Kurt Kurasaki Youtube video on using ReBirth. By stopping his video at the right places, I was able to duplicate the rythm/drums and baseline he goes through in ReBirth on my iPad with the iMS-20 app. It taught me a lot about looping through drum patterns. It also gave me a better foundational understanding of laying dowm rythm tracks - which I hadn't really much experience with. In any case -- it helped me learn the iMS-20 a *lot*..

Keep plucking away though -- you have some killer licks in the first songs you posted. If I were you... I would try and re-create those same songs in the iMS-20. Then.. share the whole songs on SoundCloud -- so I can learn from you (like I did from Kurt). Smile

Cheers-

j
buggs1a

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot. Umm. I did the bell sound one in the is--20. The reason ones from recording the MAC speakers from its Mic. Used garageband to record the sound reason 5 demo was playing.

I like the Kong ok but haven't even turned on my iPad in over a week. Not sure why. I guess I'm lazy or something. I'm not sure how to edit the Kong drum sounds to make different drum sounds and what is there is only a few sounds. So I think not having more drum sounds has put me off a bit. I got the HTC Droid Incredible last week and that's another reason I haven't used my iPad. Just use the phone for surfing the net and email.

I guess I need more encouragement and incentive and motivation to make music. Or try or learn. Whatever.

I'm really down and sad and depressed now too. So I guess that gets in my way a bit sometimes.

All I've uploaded to soundcloud have just been basic patterns since I'm learning still. So far I've only made patterns that I've uploaded. Like I'd do one then stop for a week or something. I dunno.

If I buy reason 5 maybe ill do a bit more. I doubt it though considering I barely do anything now. But with reason costing more maybe ill try to put in a tiny bit more time.

I don't know.
Joe.

Edit: sorry. I'm on my Droid incredible and was typing real fast. Didn't pay attention to everything I wrote and spelling. So when I said Kong I meant Korg. And it was meant to be ims-20 not is.
jdoo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Buggs. Wondering about iSequence. You posted that you had it, earlier in this thread. The price for iSequence dropped to $5 yesterday (from $15) - which pushed me to picking it up. This is the third time the vendor has dropped the price, since introducing it last May. They seem to always bump the price back up after a few days - so I grabbed it. Anyway --
Have you used iSequence much? Has anyone else on the boards here used it? It seems pretty complicated, for software that has a limited (near non-existant) user manual. Anyway - I added it to my arsenal, and am interested if anyone had any suggestions on use/etc..

Link to the iSequence sale (no affiliation, etc.. just an interested customer): http://appshopper.com/music/isequence-for-ipad
buggs1a

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've barely used it. Only a few minutes a couple times. Not too interested anymore. Doesn't have the bell sound from iPod touch demo and well, I guess I'm lazy. I like those kinds of apps and have an interest, but don't do anything. Don't know why. Sad
jdoo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. Well thanks for the update. Yeah - I am struggling with iSequence, but have found the sounds selections pretty good. Sequencing on it - is not as intuitive as the iMS-20.. but it is functional. It *does* have a 'poly' button - which makes recording multiple notes at the same time a lot easier than the iMS-20.
buggs1a

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.soundcloud.com/buggs1a

I just uploaded an edit to the bell pattern. This edit has one more pattern I added and set up the two patterns in sort of a song with the two alternating a couple times and then stopping with the newest pattern. I spent maybe 25-30 minutes playing around and finally getting it to save properly. How is it?

Joe
buggs1a

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just updated my soundcloud. Soundcloud.com/buggs1a
How is the newest?
buggs1a

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone?
buggs1a

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

????
buggs1a

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm
buggs1a

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeppers.
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who demands responses here is likely to be viewed as pushy, and not deserving of a response, at all, for anything. Just sayin'.....
buggs1a

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree mostly. Except I'm not demanding anything. Although this forum sucks with barely anyone talking. Meaning I wish there was activity here.
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four bumps is a bit much. A better idea might be to just continue to evolve your work and post an occasional update. That way you'll probably attract more comments and activity. Honey rather than vinegar...as the saying goes. Smile
buggs1a

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm not sure since no one has talked anyway. So shuks. I dunno. Please forgive me for what I've done. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: