Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kronos?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102, 103  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hedegaard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naviára, thanks for your more detailed explanation.
Yes I gettit, and understand these principles.
However, diskstreaming from the Oasys HD is not something to wish for.
You increase the chances of failure.
But that wouldn't/couldn't stop Korg from retro-fitting our Oasys with SSD instead of a HD.

And yes, like Akos said, your site is great, in that you can play along to the music, very clever and creative.
Also a nice sound! Smile
ozy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cello wrote:
you get irritable and grumpy, which results in ozy-type posts...

go figure. I was BORN grumpy and irritable.

You gotta study YEARS before you can hope matching that (if ever).

On my grave they'll write, in small letters, so you'll gotta get really close:

"what the heck are you looking at?!?"
CfNorENa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have the last word in this thread.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fine. you can have it.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
CfNorENa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
fine. you can have it.

And with those five words, McHale, you might have guaranteed this thread eternal life!
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile It's all in good fun brother...

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
bax

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hedegaard wrote:
...But that wouldn't/couldn't stop Korg from retro-fitting our Oasys with SSD instead of a HD. ...

I am seriously considering doing this type of a transplant. IDE PATA SSD drives that would work with the OASYS are available, and a 32Gb unit isn't outrageously expensive ( <$100 USD). I'm still in the research phase, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna give it a shot in the relatively near future. If I do, I will extensively document the procedure - what you would need hardware and software wise to image your existing drive to the SSD, where to get the hardware and software, how to actually do the drive imaging and hardware swap, and any gotchas that I come across.

This kind of process is something that any halfway experienced IT or technical person can probably do in their sleep given the right software and tools...and with the right documentation, I would expect people with substantially less experience (but a taste for giving it a try and an ability to carefully follow directions) could handle.

I have no real hope that this would make any meaningful difference with respect to Korg providing further enhancements to the OASYS, but it would provide a "new" hard drive as well as substantially faster loading times...not a huge deal, but it would be fun to make it work anyway!

I'll start a thread on the OASYS subforum when/if I actually embark on the project...

Thanks!
bax

EDIT: rather than reinvent the wheel, this has been done and talked about previously (although not with an SSD yet it appears)... Thread on Karma Labs forum:

http://www.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7506
CfNorENa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
Smile It's all in good fun brother...

-Mc

Goes without saying!

Razz

And now I have to take the M50 out of my gear list, as that has now been sold (interesting: I thought that would be the most difficult item to sell, but it went first...)
Hedegaard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bax wrote:
Hedegaard wrote:
...But that wouldn't/couldn't stop Korg from retro-fitting our Oasys with SSD instead of a HD. ...

I am seriously considering doing this type of a transplant. IDE PATA SSD drives that would work with the OASYS are available, and a 32Gb unit isn't outrageously expensive ( <$100 USD). I'm still in the research phase, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna give it a shot in the relatively near future. If I do, I will extensively document the procedure - what you would need hardware and software wise to image your existing drive to the SSD, where to get the hardware and software, how to actually do the drive imaging and hardware swap, and any gotchas that I come across.

This kind of process is something that any halfway experienced IT or technical person can probably do in their sleep given the right software and tools...and with the right documentation, I would expect people with substantially less experience (but a taste for giving it a try and an ability to carefully follow directions) could handle.

I have no real hope that this would make any meaningful difference with respect to Korg providing further enhancements to the OASYS, but it would provide a "new" hard drive as well as substantially faster loading times...not a huge deal, but it would be fun to make it work anyway!

I'll start a thread on the OASYS subforum when/if I actually embark on the project...

Thanks!
bax

EDIT: rather than reinvent the wheel, this has been done and talked about previously (although not with an SSD yet it appears)... Thread on Karma Labs forum:

http://www.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7506

Yes, do that! And please document everything, because it will be interesting to do in about 10 years time when the HD finally crashes....
John Hendry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:16 am    Post subject: Basic law of physics Reply with quote

CfNorENa wrote:
I will have the last word in this thread.

"Relative to the Observer all other Observers are behind it in time."

I wish you the best of luck. At some point Sharp can step in and bamboozle all of us.....

John^^
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to say something...i kinda forgot about this topic...hope Ozzy wont read this.
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randelph wrote:
And look at the pricing in other countries: why do Europeans and many people around the work pay a third? more than I do in the US? Whats up with that?

Prices quoted in Europe often include VAT, whereas prices quoted in U.S. do not include sales tax. And VAT can be quite a bit higher than sales tax, since unlike those countries, the U.S. does not have any national sales tax (relying primarily on income tax instead).
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SirRoyRogers wrote:
...How about the function button? No answer.

I think it was smart to build in a button for future use, regardless of whether they ultimately used it or not. It provided another possibility they could work with. I don't think they were obligated to use it. Better to build in something you might wish for later, than to develop an idea later and wish you had built in a way to do it.
ozy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SirRoyRogers wrote:
...How about the function button? No answer.

I know it.

I have insider information.

It is the Red Button.

Kronos rev 2.0 will have The Functiontm

The Function is a tool that makes Things Sound Good.

It gives VA "analogue feel"tm,

it gives rhodes emulations "The Bark"tm,

it makes Hammond emulations answer to the question "Hey Boys, I'm New to the Forum: How do I Make my Workstation Sound Like a B3?",

and finally it replicates any and ever Jordan Rudess patch at the touch of a

Buttontm

The Geartm of course has The Buttontm

Ask your local dealer for products embedding The Functiontm, activated by The Buttontm,

As seen on Youtubetm!

For more info about The Buttontm, check

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul04/articles/synthsecrets.htm
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozy wrote:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul04/articles/synthsecrets.htm

This made me think of only one thing.... It has written V-synth all over it..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 101 of 103

Jump to: