Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to use the most basic editor functionality?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: How to use the most basic editor functionality? Reply with quote

Hope someone can share their experience and offer some tips.

I have the editor running in standalone mode and communicating correctly with the KRONOS. Can sync the Kronos with the editor, and edit patches from the editor without issue.

Where it completely breaks down is if a different program or combo is selected from the Kronos. After changing the active patch, the editor will often cause a completely random patch to be selected on the Kronos - and even worse, for the randomly selected patch to be overridden with whatever patch happens to be in the editor at the time. This occur using USB or DIN MIDI, local control on or off, set synchronisation on or off.

This is not advanced editor functionality I'm trying to use, but pretty fundamental stuff. I've scrutinized the manual but I cannot find a solution. surely im missing something simple?
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your bank mapping perhaps set to GM instead of Korg?
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely set to Korg, just double checked. Any other thoughts? I'm sure I've had it working well before.

It seems to me that the editor echoes patch changes back to the Kronos, so the patch is changed twice when changing it from the Kronos, causing things to fall out of sync.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I reinstalled the editor, the USB MIDI driver and restarted the PC and that seemed to resolve the issue. I suspect there may have been a zombie process that was duplicating MIDI data.

I'm going to give the editor another go, but use it exclusively in stand alone mode and not the VST. I will run the editor over the Kronos' USB connection and set my DAW to use the DIN MIDI connection, therefore mitigating the fact the Korg USB driver cannot be used by 32 bit and 64 bit applications simultaneously.

With the synchronisation features introduced in Version 2.0 I'm hoping this will be a more fruitful endeavour than when I first attempted to use it in the 1.6 era.

Smile

SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pleased to say I've finally got the editor working the way I want (albeit in standalone mode) and I'm quite happy with it.

I'm able to use the standalone editor simultaneously with my 64-bit editor (Presonus Studio One), and although I don't get "Total Recall" when I open my project, I do have the ability to efficiently edit from my desktop and quickly recall state. It beats having to use the Kronos touch screen every time you want to make a change!

The synchronisation features of > 2.0 make a big difference as well.

FloydG

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeedyLee wrote:
I'm pleased to say I've finally got the editor working the way I want (albeit in standalone mode) and I'm quite happy with it.

I'm able to use the standalone editor simultaneously with my 64-bit editor (Presonus Studio One), and although I don't get "Total Recall" when I open my project, I do have the ability to efficiently edit from my desktop and quickly recall state. It beats having to use the Kronos touch screen every time you want to make a change!

The synchronisation features of > 2.0 make a big difference as well.

I am using S1 as well and was annoyed that I have to change to 32bit just to use the editor as VST. Could you share your set up to get an understanding how you achieve that happy state of mind?

Www.Floyd-Groener.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: