Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

kronos physical modeling engine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tarek

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: kronos physical modeling engine Reply with quote

hello guys ...may be its still to early to ask this question but anybody have an idea if the physical modeling engine of the kronos is the same of that of moss..? sure it got more advanced technology but does it offer the same synthies method of the moss or less? its important questions that i'll wait and others will wait the opinion of experts to hear what they have to say about it from the initial reading of specfications..

software: korg legacy collection digtal edition,cubase5,sonar7.

past gear:yamaha A3,gem WS1,korg pa50/80,i30,triton le,pa800,ketron vega
X-Trade

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK it is the same as STR-1 on OASYS, which is aimed mostly at resonant string sounds rather than reeds and pipes.

Meaning that there won't be any brass/reed modelling like on MOSS. But I think Korg's thinking with this is that the sampled instruments are sufficient.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Link

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they would update the physical modelling with wind instruments too. Is this Kronos closed enviroment, or could it be possible to get even more engines? Having Z1 amongst everything else intrigues me so much.
realkuhl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DSP synths are exactly the same as OASYS. Only addition really is the Drum Track....

Link wrote:
I hope they would update the physical modelling with wind instruments too. Is this Kronos closed enviroment, or could it be possible to get even more engines? Having Z1 amongst everything else intrigues me so much.

Custom Sounds and Free Video Tutorials for
Virtual Instruments: www.pluginguru.com

My comments and opinions are not official statements from Korg Inc. I'm not official !!
tritonlover2000

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still wonder why the guitar sounds weak compared to say Motif or RealGuitar VST.
Link

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motifs guitars never were any better than other romplers guitars, and at least no where near Rolands. No one out of the big three or four cannot compare with that RealGuitar(well I'd like to fiddle with Kronos's guitar models with effects on top until final judgement), something like that would be nice to get inside of Kronos. I always thought that Motifs effects were too soft and mushy to have enough kick to stand out rocking, and they also sounds the most artificial out of the big romplers, where as for example Rolands cosm amp models at least could offer pretty believable metal guitars, as well as number of usable other guitars. You know, that Korgs Rems effects are amongst the best with Rolands Cosm, and they spiced up my all time favorite is M50's(and I guess it was on M3 too, and even better in Oasys) was wah wah'ed guitar, can't remember its name.

Last edited by Link on Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
ozy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link wrote:
I hope they would update the physical modelling with wind instruments too.

hear hear!

The day they do (not the lame prophecy winds though),

here's one more kronos 88 buyer.

piercing a hole for the breath control connector would be inconvenient though (as in "if they didn't include a breath control, they are not planning any serious wind emulation add-in anytime soon").

Again, see you in 5 years: wind/brass physical modeling and real analogue added to the package. And THAT will be the "ultimate keyboard"
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tritonlover2000 wrote:
RealGuitar VST.

RealGuitar is OLD and s**t.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQPmDlp6yJ8

THIS is the real deal!
Link

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REALLY NICE!
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
tritonlover2000 wrote:
RealGuitar VST.

RealGuitar is OLD and s**t.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQPmDlp6yJ8

THIS is the real deal!

I like Real Guitar. Did you create some Kontakt scripts for Orange Tree?
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, that was Greg's own work (the only man behind Orange Tree). He's a genious. RealGuitar is really old now and isn't nearly as playable as this Evolution Electric Guitar. The engine "thinks" ahead of you, changes voicings, adds noises (if you want), legato is perfect, you can play most anything. The best sampled guitar PERIOD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: