Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sweetwater Price??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synthoid wrote:
JimH wrote:
Guitar Center regularly has 15% off sales, though they limit it to $500. That's probably how I'll get a Kronos

Before you visit Guitar Center, read the "excluded manufacturer list" on their sale coupons.

I believe Korg is on that list, so GC probably won't give you a 15% discount on the KRONOS.

Sad

Sam Ash and Best Buy Music Gear will match competitors sales, and they don't always read the fine print too carefully, although sometimes they might call to verify on a particular expensive item. Guitar Center seems to always be trying to pull the ole' bait and switch routine. My experience with Best Buy music gear departments has been very positive in the past, particularly their amazing clearance prices. There's a very good chance Best Buy will carry KRONOS, since they stock the Motif XS 88, VSynth GT, & M3, which are in the same price range. I'm not talking about every Best Buy - only the ones with music instrument gear departments.
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmlguy wrote:
Synthoid wrote:
JimH wrote:
Guitar Center regularly has 15% off sales, though they limit it to $500. That's probably how I'll get a Kronos

Before you visit Guitar Center, read the "excluded manufacturer list" on their sale coupons.

I believe Korg is on that list, so GC probably won't give you a 15% discount on the KRONOS.

Sad

Sam Ash and Best Buy Music Gear will match competitors sales, and they don't always read the fine print too carefully, although sometimes they might call to verify on a particular expensive item.

This is true, but I wouldn't count on a 15% discount on the KRONOS if everyone else is selling it for MAP for the first 3 months.
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimH wrote:
Synthoid wrote:

Sad

Ouch. Major bummer. d'oh!

I'd be surprised if GC even carried the Kronos. Sad
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillW wrote:
I'd be surprised if GC even carried the Kronos. Sad

I certainly hope they do! Some of their stores in smaller cities might not though... we'll see.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not living in the US, but after all the stories I heard from guitar centers over there, I wouldn't buy ANY halfway decent keyboard from them.

Many user experiences I heard so far tell me that you can be lucky, if any of their local staff knows more of a modern synth or workstation, than a casually asked McDonalds seller from the next corner.

They should be happy to still sell guitar stompboxes after all ...
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
I'm not living in the US, but after all the stories I heard from guitar centers over there, I wouldn't buy ANY halfway decent keyboard from them.

Many user experiences I heard so far tell me that you can be lucky, if any of their local staff knows more of a modern synth or workstation, than a casually asked McDonalds seller from the next corner.

I keep my eye on their used inventory and occasionally get a great deal on something -- most recently a Motif XS6 in great shape for under $1000 (with no interest or payments for 12 months).
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Knopf wrote:
Quote:

YMMV. I've bought 3 major keyboards (XS7 / PSR 3000 / Nord Stage Classic) through my local GC, and would buy the Kronos through them once the clamor settles down and I can verify the best price elsewhere.

I don't need the sales guy to know his stuff- I've already done my research. And I sure as hell would miss it if they went out of business. I go down on a fairly regular basis and check out gear there- there's no place else like it in San Francisco for the variety of gear they have in store and that means a lot! Gotta get my hands on a board, can't just rely on others evaluations.

And to counter the usual GC bashing: they had a Nord Stage 88 that'd been a floor model for a long time and were blowing it out at $1,500. Not only was the price right, but they went ahead and payed for the minor repairs it needed.

And yes, there are a few of them running around there that know their stuff-
jahrome

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Kronos arriving within the next few days?? Reply with quote

Quote:
Sweetwater wrote:

It's Arriving Soon!
We've confirmed this item (Korg Kronos) has shipped from Korg and should arrive in our warehouse within a day or two. Please call and place your order now. We will ship it immediately, the very same day we receive it from Korg.

RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos arriving within the next few days?? Reply with quote

jahrome wrote:
Quote:
Sweetwater wrote:

It's Arriving Soon!
We've confirmed this item (Korg Kronos) has shipped from Korg and should arrive in our warehouse within a day or two. Please call and place your order now. We will ship it immediately, the very same day we receive it from Korg.

I'm being told the exact same thing from SW....20 units of the 61 key Kronos should be arriving at SW on or shortly after Feb 1st, and will ship immediately upon receipt. My pre-order is made! I pressed them hard on this info, and they swear their purchasing team has confirmed this directly from Korg. Telling me they typically get inventory before the mainstream. This info was upgraded, and they contacted me (unsolicited) to advise me of the change in ETA.....because they were originally quoting late March/April just last week.
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos arriving within the next few days?? Reply with quote

RonF wrote:
jahrome wrote:
Quote:
Sweetwater wrote:

It's Arriving Soon!

I'm being told the exact same thing from SW....20 units of the 61 key Kronos should be arriving at SW on or shortly after Feb 1st, and will ship immediately upon receipt. My pre-order is made! I pressed them hard on this info, and they swear their purchasing team has confirmed this directly from Korg. Telling me they typically get inventory before the mainstream. This info was upgraded, and they contacted me (unsolicited) to advise me of the change in ETA.....because they were originally quoting late March/April just last week.

RonF... maybe you should post this in the other thread too... there's some retard over there giving me a hard time just for posting the info that was given to me....

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
ozy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
you can be lucky, if any of their local staff knows more of a modern synth or workstation, than a casually asked McDonalds seller from the next corner.

I can't see any problem with that.

The guys at the store where I buy my instruments can't tell a "Little Phatty" from a "McTasty" or from a "Corolla Verso",

and that's no problem.

They can handle big boxes without breaking what's withn, bank my cheques and apply discounts.

I deal with wholesale distributors about prices, features and availability. When I'm ready to buy I go to the store, ask for the instrument in show a pair of headphones and a stool,

test the instrument, pay and take it away.

On the contrary, at McDonald I have no previous info about the Novelty of the Month, nor can I ask to taste it before I buy.

I need more information from the McDonald girl than from a salesman at the the synth shop.

And I trust her more than anybody whose job is pressing me into buying the Akai Miniak.
maphill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a quote from SW (today), and they said "it's going to be quite a while before we get the NAMM stuff but we'll ship it the instant we get it".

Mark.
ozy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maphill wrote:
I just got a quote from SW (today), and they said "it's going to be quite a while before we get the NAMM stuff but we'll ship it the instant we get it".Mark.

Sounds like Sweetwater is less like a CIA-cum-OpusDei monolythe than previously supposed.

Their concept of "stick to the party line" is "count to three before improvising your own story".
hammondcuni
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered my Kronos 61 from SW today. 23rd person to order the Kronos 61 according to the sales person. He said they have sold
22 Kronos 88
7 Kronos 73
23 Kronos 61
dingo_klectos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: These dogs won't hunt!!! Reply with quote

Sweetwater has already revised its return policy because it knows the majority of these dogs are coming back to them DOA.
Keep your receipts, fanboys!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: