Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

korg kronos and kurzweil PC3K7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jemkeys25

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: korg kronos and kurzweil PC3K7 Reply with quote

for me I would like the kronos 61 and the pc3k7 for the semi weighted keys, its all about weight for me, both boards sound great, the kronos weighs 27 pounds while the pc3k7 weighs 37 pounds, where my m3's weight is 32 pounds and the kronos 73 weighs 44 pounds, thats 10 extra pounds i dont want to carry. The pc3k7's keyboard is firm enough for piano sounds, but lite enough for synth and organ sounds. as far as the smooth transition feature, kurzweil has had that feature over 20 years, so it's nothing new. It seems like the kronos is just an expansion of the moss board, with a few extras, but not to sound negative, i loved the moss board in my triton, but was disapointed when korg didn't offer it in the m3.the Radias is ok, but its not the moss. plus the pc3k7 has 76 keys instead of 73. I can't wait for both to start shipping. Smile
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos has no relation to MOSS whatsoever. Also Kurzweil doesn't have seamless switching in all possible combinations (switching from/to KB3 program will produce an audible gap, also if you use lots of FX in a setup, there won't be a gap but again an audible effect change will ensue), but it works relatively fine in all cases.
goldberg96

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there even an announced date for a PC3K7? As far as I know they are just barely getting out PC3K8's.
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a couple of months.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: