Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kronos Half-Damper Pedal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Korg Kronos Half-Damper Pedal Reply with quote

Will the Kronos come with a Korg DS1H or similar pedal? It has Half-Damper capabilities. Does the Kronos support half-damper samples?

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Kronos Half-Damper Pedal Reply with quote

EnjoyRC wrote:
Will the Kronos come with a Korg DS1H or similar pedal? It has Half-Damper capabilities. Does the Kronos support half-damper samples?

Yes, the KRONOS supports half-damper functionality. The DS1H is compatible with the KRONOS, and available separately.

Best regards,

Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Crystalmsc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed that mine is the older type DS-1 without "H". Will it be able to do half damper too? Thanks.
Korg: Wavedrum/Mini/Global, MS-20m, Volca Beats/Bass/Key, Trinity Pro, Karma + Moss Board, 01R/W, Wavestation/SR/EX, microKORG XL, Kaossilator Pro, iKaossilator, Kaoss Pad Quad, Monotribe, Monotron/duo/delay, DS-10, Korg Collection V2, Korg Gadget, microKEY25
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crystalmsc wrote:
I just noticed that mine is the older type DS-1 without "H". Will it be able to do half damper too? Thanks.

I don't know, I'm sorry - it's probably best to contact customer support for the answer to that. See the link in my signature.

Best regards,

Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crystalmsc wrote:

no H means no half damper. Sad It's worth the upgrade though...
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crystalmsc wrote:

Does the 1/4" plug have TRS (Tip / Ring / Sleeve) or simply TS (Tip / Sleeve)?
Half-Dampening requires the TRS / Variable Pedal. If yours is TS, it definitely won't give you the half dampening functions.

Crystalmsc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the answers guys, appreciated. For now I assume to purchase the DS1H if I get the Kronos and use the old one with my Trinity. Cheers.
Korg: Wavedrum/Mini/Global, MS-20m, Volca Beats/Bass/Key, Trinity Pro, Karma + Moss Board, 01R/W, Wavestation/SR/EX, microKORG XL, Kaossilator Pro, iKaossilator, Kaoss Pad Quad, Monotribe, Monotron/duo/delay, DS-10, Korg Collection V2, Korg Gadget, microKEY25
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crystalmsc wrote:
Thank you for the answers guys, appreciated. For now I assume to purchase the DS1H if I get the Kronos and use the old one with my Trinity. Cheers.

You'll love it. It's the most natural feeling pedal. The way that my M3 responds to the actual possition of the pedal is so authentic.

Crystalmsc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnjoyRC wrote:
You'll love it. It's the most natural feeling pedal. The way that my M3 responds to the actual possition of the pedal is so authentic.

Cool, it's getting more exciting to get one, as I always like the DS-1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: