Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Synth software programming collaboration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Computer Programmers – Software Developers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Synth software programming collaboration Reply with quote

I'm just getting back into programming as I hope to use this skill to get a job in the near future.

Furthermore I've always been really interested in developing new synthesis technologies and instruments.

If anyone would like to collaborate on interesting new software, then I'd love to hear from you.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
axxim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi X-Trade,

what are you exactly thinking about?

About 15 years ago, after finishing and launching my vocoder I was developing a (software) synthesizer too. The entire synth engine (based on inverse fourier or additive synthesis) was ready and working with 3 voices of polyphony which could even sing words. The next steps would have been optimization to reach 4 or even 6 voices and the UI, but then my Atari Falcon started to having internal sync problems (probably with the DSP) and refused to work again.

I have been without programming for many years (my work is mainly HW) and there is the lack of time (too much work, family, etc.) but I still think about restarting it someday.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyi18932rUoHqUTEpsykkIg
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Axxim,

I would like to eventually find my way into a career in programming or hardware design - basically any form of development.

Anyway, I'm not sure exactly what I had in mind. I'm a person with a lot of ideas. I have a few ideas for more grand projects which I would not post in the open here but it would be nice just to get started on something.

One thing I'd like to see is a VST host which works a bit like Korg's workstations' Combis. There are a few but they either try to be too much else, or they are just not really instruments in themselves. NI Kore is the closest thing that comes to mind. Anyway I had a plan for that.

If you'd like to discuss more then send me another PM or e-mail me at:
bradley -dot- gray -at- bradleygray -dot- co -dot- uk
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like we've been contemplating similar ideas. I'm working on a "sky is the limit" softsynth right now but am just researching the VST technology. My oscillator section is working (sample-accurate) right now but I still have much research on Fourier transforms and discrete circuit modeling in DSP to get the filter section(s) going.
I've been working in VB, Java and some C++ (only WAV/AIFF output with the C++ proggie so far).
At any rate, I'd love to collaborate and learn more about VST, DSP and filter design. Feel free to PM me and we can get an email conduit going.

Peace!

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Computer Programmers – Software Developers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: