Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg's policy re Kronos & demos in general
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megakazbek

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rudess IMHO is just taking advantage of the situation where EVERYONE want him to demo their products. JR can come unprepared (he didn't even prepare any musical pieces, as he himself said he just improvised something random on the spot, and improvisation isn't JR's best thing), talk some obviously advertising speech which seemed more like a parody than a sincere opinion, etc, and Korg would still pay him lots of money for his appearance.
JR is capable of so much more, but why would he bother, if he can do total crap and still receive lots of money? That's, I think, why his demos are not so good. He just doesn't bother and waste time to make them good if it pays him anyway.
kandarv

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megakazbek wrote:
Rudess IMHO is just taking advantage of the situation where EVERYONE want him to demo their products. JR can come unprepared (he didn't even prepare any musical pieces, as he himself said he just improvised something random on the spot, and improvisation isn't JR's best thing), talk some obviously advertising speech which seemed more like a parody than a sincere opinion, etc, and Korg would still pay him lots of money for his appearance.
JR is capable of so much more, but why would he bother, if he can do total crap and still receive lots of money? That's, I think, why his demos are not so good. He just doesn't bother and waste time to make them good if it pays him anyway.

uh, he did prepare something for the Gaia, so my guess is that he didn't came unprepared for the Kronos presentation. He also talks about having tested the Kronos a week before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPtRre6pxWw
CfNorENa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megakazbek wrote:

Yeah, the corporate/marketing speech was pretty blatant.

But his audio demo online ("Interstices") is a very nice piece that definitely shows off the piano, in all of its subtlety...
operaman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megakazbek wrote:

You are just jealous you didn't get to play the Kronos like JR did. And I am jealous too. Three more months....:sigh:
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the demos on the korg.co.uk site. They are fantastic...
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
OrientExpressMB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francois wrote:
The Eldar demo was just as bad anyway. Or should I say counter-intuitive.

Just tone down guys, this is the Kronos show, not the Eldar or Rudess show. There are many people out there in the classical world who can play even faster than you.

Next time, give us some guys who can show the instrument, not themselves.

Thank God, there are a few videos of Steve McNally doing what he does best.

Exactly what I wanted to say. They shouldn't be there in the first place. I love how Rich and Jack show the products, and both are great musicians with nothing to envy from Eldar or Jordan. They don't need them. That's my personal opinion.
OrientExpressMB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

operaman wrote:
Megakazbek wrote:

You are just jealous you didn't get to play the Kronos like JR did. And I am jealous too. Three more months....:sigh:

It's not jealousy, he's right.
Teh Mick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a video where Jordan discuss honestly about the Kronos without Korg marketing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9BX_v8y5rM
Roland JD-990
Novation Remote SL Compact
SoulBe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it is a marketing strategy to bring well known artists into touch with a new product. But to be honest, who buys an instrument because of f.e. JR is playing it and not for its sound etc? I doubt that someone would spent money just for having the same synth like JR or JMJ ...
And I think there is nothing wrong with artists presenting a special branch/keyboard. If you want to know more about sound etc you better try the synth by yourself in the stores.

Regards
SoulBe
peter m. mahr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBe wrote:
Of course it is a marketing strategy to bring well known artists into touch with a new product. But to be honest, who buys an instrument because of f.e. JR is playing it and not for its sound etc? I doubt that someone would spent money just for having the same synth like JR or JMJ ...

Hi SoulBe,

you would be surprised what "people" do.

Creating awarness is one strategy, it works and there is nothing wrong with it. But I am also sure that some people buy instruments because artist X is using it and the instrument sounds "soo amazing".

Peter
SoulBe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter,

to be honest I discovered JR playing the OASYS when I was looking for videos of OASYS on youtube, didn´t know that he was playing it before Very Happy.

best regards SoulBe
Ajbbklyn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, we did not have the benefit of seeing/hearing Herbie Hancock's performance - probably due to some contractual wrinkles regarding broadcast/diffusion rights.

I would think his playing has sufficient airiness to properly showcase the Kronos board.
peter m. mahr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer watching and listening to Mr. Hotop's presentations and demos. He is not only a great musician he is also a very good sound programmer. Which does not mean that I do not like to listen to Herbie Hancock or Greg Ph. - on the contrary.
SoulBe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter m. mahr wrote:
I prefer watching and listening to Mr. Hotop's presentations and demos.

+1 and seems to be a nice person too.

regards
SoulBe
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give these official demos a listen. They're more what you're looking for:

http://www.korg.co.uk/products/workstations/kronos/ws_kronos.php
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: