Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA3X Demo Dissepointment.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: PA3X Demo Dissepointment. Reply with quote

Guys , M I, the only one, That feel the demos wery bad, Presentation of The PA 1 X series was Superb, And 2 X was like dream, And 3 X is , Like from another planet, They presented T4 Much better , I,m sad, I realy hope they can showe upp, And make this Better, For now, I,m on my 2 X!

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you are not the only one - there are many comments already here in the PA3X and PA2X forums.

Steve's was the best demo so far but we need some professionally recorded ones so we can have a better opportunity to here new sounds, styles, features etc.

I am sure they will come but as Steve McNally has said that ithe PA3X is not expected to be available until END OF APRIL I think that we won't see much more too quickly. (BUT I HOPE I AM WRONG....)

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Asena,

As Pete says, there's some pretty scathing criticism of these Pa3X demos around various fora, and, in my opinion, deservedly so. To me, this is a supreme boob on Korg's part. Why, in all conscience, would any company put out a product for all to see that was in some developmental stage, especially when your major competitors are right there with their ready-to-go offerings and putting out demos with their top demonstrators. First impressions are everything.

Expanding one's market share means recruiting new customers, so you put out demos that appeal to a wide swath of people who have no prior concept of what an arranger keyboard is about. You don't do that by allowing amateur night videos to surface, because as soon as those prospective customers see and hear the pro's you can bet they've already decided where they're going to be opening their wallets.

When the 'finished' Pa3X eventually appears, it had better be a game changer. Interesting times ahead.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant comment on sound quallity without an actuall handson experience...

But from the specs alone i am really dissapointed its more like a pa3x+ to me it looks like korg took over yamahas tyros strattegy, with only minor updates every few years.

Maybe i am to much wishfull thinker, but i was really expecting adio styles or maybe even added karma funtionallity combined with a new soundengine..

Pa3x is more expensive then Kronos..
snazzyplayer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was like Bachus...I was thinking they'd at least include KARMA, as it's already gone to the Yamaha Motif, and they should try and get as much mileage as possible out if it.

So far, it was disappointing...I may end up with a Tyros4, as it is a toss up between these instruments for me.

Yamaha's SA and SA2 voices are tough to beat...I'm curious how well, or rather, how much, the DNC voices have been improved and added to.

Pete
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snazzyplayer wrote:

Yamaha's SA and SA2 voices are tough to beat...I'm curious how well, or rather, how much, the DNC voices have been improved and added to.

Very hard to beat indeed! We've been waiting for to hear some ligit demos that could show what exactly has been improved from the older models. I could live with PA800's Organ section,but can't wait to hear the rest.

Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys , 2011 And Still not much in this bussines, KORG is far away from the VSTI sounds, YAMAHA is much better sounding, I triyed t4 and yes yes yes yes yes and yes, No one can beat the sound quality so far, I,m still waiting to hear PA3X. But, As many of us from forum, Including me, I dont think it,s a BIG MAJOR Upgrade. So far is Still A PA Model. I was waiting for a new concept like kronos, ! Must wait and see, If nothing is so big difrence, I,m gonna buy The t 4, And fill it whit all my sounds and tweak them, 1 GB RAM, No loading time, THATS THE BEST PART FOR ME!

MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Lee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in the same boat, But, I want some super demos before deciding ...not light demos...Korg...Take me through a lot of the sounds and in detail!
Make it a 10 part demo I don't care.

Or I will have to play it myself...April/May is way off...If I don't hear something to make me wait soom...I make jump to Yamaha.
With the understanding the T4 is no where near the features/functions/editing/keybed (76)/metal cabinet etc, etc that make the PA3X a PRO level.
BUT the sound will be my decidng factor as I will hae to adjust to a home type keyboard functionaly.

I'm still hopeful!
Lee
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, As many others , I,m waiting, And i hope this Is muuuuch better than 2 X. At the moment we dont know so much, Better soundsing, Better FX Better Display Better Look, Is only few upgrade, What i realy want is , BETTER STYLES, for modern music, better Sounds Like VSTI, just look at YAMY T 4, Gitasr sound like real, And strings ara Like Stradi!
So Comon KORG!
Make it Hapen

MEDELI AKX-10

LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: