Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How long until a Kronos user asks for new sounds..!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikemolloyuk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: How long until a Kronos user asks for new sounds..! Reply with quote

I bet there will be calls for new sounds for Kronos by about June..!

Ex Korg UK Technical Support 2002 - 2010

Forum Moderator since 2011

When Words Fail, Music Speaks
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are already calls for new sounds:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=58600

With the selection of sound engines and ease of tweaking, users should really experiment to create their own. Particularly organ sounds - CX-3 engine looks fairly straightforward so I can't see any excuse for just trying to move the drawbars to find your own sounds.

Anyway, we still have months for it to come out.
It would be interesting to see when the first complaint about sounds from the OASYS was.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
mikemolloyuk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just find it incredible and slightly annoying X that users would rather pester for new sounds and kick up a fuss when they don't get them rather than experiment as you say. There are many thousands of choices in Korg keyboards and new sounds are a matter of 1 evenings tweeking away to get them.

Maybe we need to educate and encourage users into editing.?

After all if we all use the same out of the box sounds then all music will sound the same..!

EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikemolloyuk wrote:
I just find it incredible and slightly annoying X that users would rather pester for new sounds and kick up a fuss when they don't get them rather than experiment as you say. There are many thousands of choices in Korg keyboards and new sounds are a matter of 1 evenings tweeking away to get them.

After all if we all use the same out of the box sounds then all music will sound the same..!

Showing age here... but I remember, way back when, that EVERY song required creating your own sounds on keyboards like the MS20, D50, Poly6, OB8, DX7, Rolands, etc... There were such limited numbers of included patches back then. We never though about "Wish they provided more patches...".

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnjoyRC wrote:
mikemolloyuk wrote:

Showing age here... but I remember, way back when, that EVERY song required creating your own sounds on keyboards like the MS20, D50, Poly6, OB8, DX7, Rolands, etc... There were such limited numbers of included patches back then. We never though about "Wish they provided more patches...".

LOL !! Same here! My first machine was a Korg Delta - no presets on that old girl. At the time I was in a band playing most fridays and saturday nights, and what a pain it was to reset everything for the next song... Yes, the most technological wish back in those days was 'I wish it could remember the settings'!!!

That said, it was absolutely the best way to learn about how the machine worked and of course every slider / pot I moved made every sound unique Smile

These days of course, workstations are so much more complicated! So whilst I would encourage everyone to explore - make edits, see what it can do, etc it is perhaps understandable that some people are not that technical and so are quite happy to buy new sounds. But seems a shame as all workstations can be almost infinitely edited!
kid_nepro_2002
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in......

http://www.kidnepro.com/blog/korg-kronos-released-at-winter-namm/

Stay tuned! Cool
ozy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: How long until a Kronos user asks for new sounds..! Reply with quote

mikemolloyuk wrote:

don't know about new sounds, but...

... does the Kronos manage to produce a decent "Final Countdown Brass" patch?

It's a deal breaker for me.
axxim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: How long until a Kronos user asks for new sounds..! Reply with quote

mikemolloyuk wrote:

And will rapidly increase when GaGa, Daft Punk, BEP or whoever else publishes the first video whit a Kronos on stage Wink
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyi18932rUoHqUTEpsykkIg
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Dear Korgs.
I have play a KRONOS for 10 seconds in my band, now my bandmates want us to cover 'Jump' by Van Halen.

I have looked for several minutes at the Mod7 but doesn't finds this awesomfully complicated patch anywhere.

Please could you provide it in the next OS update. Gig is in 2 weeks so could have it by then????????"
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
"Dear Korgs.
I have play a KRONOS for 10 seconds in my band, now my bandmates want us to cover 'Jump' by Van Halen.

I have looked for several minutes at the Mod7 but doesn't finds this awesomfully complicated patch anywhere.

Please could you provide it in the next OS update. Gig is in 2 weeks so could have it by then????????"

This one cracked me up! Laughing Laughing Laughing
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x-trade

forgot the follow-up post.

Dear Korg...

I waited TWO WHOLE WEEKS and didn't get the update. We did "jump" last nite - and I didn't have sound. Your product support sucks. I will tell all my friends. I am suing KORG for breach of promises made on youtube video my friends all saw, suing guitar center to buy back outdated Kronos without "jump" sound OR "final countdown" brass, and suing guitar player in my band for picking stupid songs. You will be hearing from my cousin who's pretending to be a lawyer!!

---------

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnjoyRC wrote:
Showing age here... but I remember, way back when, that EVERY song required creating your own sounds

Exactly. And we didn't get any OS updates back then either.

You got what came out of the box--that was it!

Cool
mikemolloyuk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billbaker wrote:
x-trade

forgot the follow-up post.

Dear Korg...

I waited TWO WHOLE WEEKS and didn't get the update. We did "jump" last nite - and I didn't have sound. Your product support sucks. I will tell all my friends. I am suing KORG for breach of promises made on youtube video my friends all saw, suing guitar center to buy back outdated Kronos without "jump" sound OR "final countdown" brass, and suing guitar player in my band for picking stupid songs. You will be hearing from my cousin who's pretending to be a lawyer!!

---------

BB

Love it..!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool

SoulBe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cello wrote:
That said, it was absolutely the best way to learn about how the machine worked and of course every slider / pot I moved made every sound unique Smile

+1. My first synth was a DX 7 and I remember that 100 GB drive ...ah sorry these sheets of paper copied from the manual to write down the settings for every sound when the internal memory was full.
But as you said one had to learn which parameter/knob causes which effect ... and this is helping me through until now

Regards
SoulBe
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: How long until a Kronos user asks for new sounds..! Reply with quote

ozy wrote:
mikemolloyuk wrote:

don't know about new sounds, but...

... does the Kronos manage to produce a decent "Final Countdown Brass" patch?

It's a deal breaker for me.

Final countdown eh? -

for me, it better do a descent Rodger Whittekar 'whistle' emulation or THAT'S IT WITH ME AND KORG!!!

(just felt left out of the anger anf fury by other cause there's no update to Kronos already and OASYS EXi's are still locked) Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: