Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Know what? I DO NOT NEED "KRONOS"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flash & The Pan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Know what? I DO NOT NEED "KRONOS" Reply with quote

--------- misunderstanding ----------

Last edited by Flash & The Pan on Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:55 am; edited 5 times in total
operaman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Know what? I DO NOT NEED "KRONOS" Reply with quote

Flash & The Pan wrote:
'Cause What I want is making music, not to buy the latest product in the market just because it can do “this” and “that"… The question is: Can you do “this” and “that”? Do you have the capabilites to do “this” and “that”?

Do people really make music?? Or they just invest their time dreaming about what that workstation could do (Korg,Yamaha or Roland... I don’t mind) ignoring that they will never be able to do that thing?

You are entitled to your opinion, and you obviously thought enough of Kronos to register here and make comments.

The purposes of this forum is to discuss the new Kronos Workstation. This forum will also become a support forum ala what Yamaha and Roland have for their workstations once the workstation is released.

I respect everyone's right to free speech, but there is also a sense of common decency. There is no point to a post like yours other than to raise vitriol and to create another long thread of nothing but arguments. Please, if you have no interest in this forum, PLEASE do not create problems for the users of the Kronos, and for respective members of this forum. I have never gone to another website of a product I did not intend to buy in order to make comments such as yours. I wish you the best in your future music making, and in the off chance that you are interested in Kronos and you wish to contribute something positive to this forum and their discussions, welcome.
Flash & The Pan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Know what? I DO NOT NEED "KRONOS" Reply with quote

operaman wrote:
Flash & The Pan wrote:
'Cause What I want is making music, not to buy the latest product in the market just because it can do “this” and “that"… The question is: Can you do “this” and “that”? Do you have the capabilites to do “this” and “that”?

Do people really make music?? Or they just invest their time dreaming about what that workstation could do (Korg,Yamaha or Roland... I don’t mind) ignoring that they will never be able to do that thing?

You are entitled to your opinion, and you obviously thought enough of Kronos to register here and make comments.

The purposes of this forum is to discuss the new Kronos Workstation. This forum will also become a support forum ala what Yamaha and Roland have for their workstations once the workstation is released.

I respect everyone's right to free speech, but there is also a sense of common decency. There is no point to a post like yours other than to raise vitriol and to create another long thread of nothing but arguments. Please, if you have no interest in this forum, PLEASE do not create problems for the users of the Kronos, and for respective members of this forum. I have never gone to another website of a product I did not intend to buy in order to make comments such as yours. I wish you the best in your future music making, and in the off chance that you are interested in Kronos and you wish to contribute something positive to this forum and their discussions, welcome.

HI ,

I DO NOT SAID NOTHING BAD AGAINST "KRONOS", MY COMMENT WAS JUST THAT, ONLY A SIMPLE COMMENT.YOU ----- CENSORED ------ MY OPINION .PERIOD.IT'S OK.NOW I KNOW YOU.THANKS

BAD ARGUMENTS, GOOD ARGUMENTS, ARE GOOD.....EVOLUTION IS KIND OF THAT. (Platon)

Last edited by Flash & The Pan on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
operaman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for the misunderstanding. I read your profile posts and see that you are genuinely wanting to contribute. You were simply expressing your opinion about music making. Sorry to have confused you with guys coming on here from other forums who are legitimately trolling.

To your original post, I am afraid I fall into the category that does not use what I have nearly enough. I am trying though. My problem is I am a full-time opera singer, and my time is quickly gone to do other things musically. Also, as weird as it may sound, when I have been doing 3 straight weeks of staging rehearsals where we repeat the same music section over, and OVER again. I sometimes just want silence.

Good to have you here, and look forward to your contributions... Smile
X-Trade

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, that if you are recording or producing music for some form of media format, it is very important to have the best sounds, and it IS important to think about those sounds. Its all about attention to detail. If you've selected or even better designed each sound to specifically fit into your song, then it is going to be a brilliant piece of production, from a technical point of view. You still need to write the music. But as I said, the end-result of our work is often more than just notes, it is a recording or performance of some sort, and attention to each element of that - not just the notes - gives a more complete, well thought out piece of music.

For the most part, 'features' help us to compose music, meet deadlines, and do the best we can, or at least just make it easier for us to perform.

Now, I look at my studio and think, there's nothing in KRONOS that I can't do with the hardware I already have. Except for maybe nice pianos and EPs, and probably the FM too, but I don't use those sounds usually anyway. Okay, so maybe I would like one. It does offer 'everything in one box', which is important to some of us who don't want to spend an hour setting up at each gig, or fiddling with complicated MIDI headaches and routers.

Also, some people just enjoy making sounds. Personally I'm a bit of both.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
ozy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a general note, may I say that I deeply dislike the "censored" thing.

Either a forumer is a jerk, and in that case he has to be banned,

or he posted obscenities or racist rant or spam or personal insults, and that has to be erased,

or, in all other cases: we are all adults and we can discuss ideas, no matter how hard to swallow.

Censorship on the base of technical content is never advisable.

On this forum we had "untolerable" tirades, some by whole GROUPS of forumers (the "Oasys funeral", eg), and there was some good in all of them.

Let the readers respond

IMHO.
synthguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that among those here who don't own an OASYS, I really don't need another instrument.

But I really could use another flagship workstation. Until KRONOS was announced, I thought it would be the Kurzweil PC3. And not just because I would like an instrument with deeper, richer, more powerful synth engine and better effects. My brother married a Japanese woman who is an accomplished pianist, and right now, she has my M3 on loan so she can practice. I'm hoping that she can help me with my compositions and performances. I'm making do with my Fantom X and other instruments in the meantime.

Not having my flagship instrument is leaving me feeling wanting, though, even though I have four synths that more than make up for it. With KRONOS, I can have the OASYS I've always wanted but couldn't afford, and its deep, clear sound engines.

Do I need it? No. But will it be useful, empowering and inspiring? Oh heck YES! Very Happy And needless to say, I'll have one.
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozy wrote:

Let the readers respond

Anyone who continues to post in all caps should be banned, partly to keep the forum readable, partly as a safety measure from people who are too stupid to figure out how to type in mixed case or too oblivious to realize that everyone else is NOT posting EVERYTHING in all caps.

Posting a separate paragraph for each sentence, well that should be more like a traffic infraction - using excessive vertical space to say the same thing. Smile
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmlguy wrote:

Posting a separate paragraph for each sentence, well that should be more like a traffic infraction - using excessive vertical space to say the same thing. Smile

This is a part where we disagree heavily Smile There are people who are or used to be programmers. That's called structured programming Smile Having done a lot of that myself, I just can't help it but to put a "new part" of the post or reply to a new paragraph. Sue me Razz

First part - where do I sign? Smile Caps are really annoying, except to mark some important part of a sentence.
Personally? LPI. RHCE, RHCI, RHCX, RHCVA. MCITP 2008 certification done. MCITP Virtualization Administrator done. MCITP Exchange 2010 done. MCITP MS SQL 2008 done. MCT done. MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE:Messaging and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure done. VCP5-DV done. VCI done. MCITP: Sharepoint 2010 Administrator done. VCP5-Cloud done. VCP5-DT done. VCAP5-DCA done. VCP6-DCV done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ozy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmlguy wrote:

I was taught to write like that.

It is a form of courtesy to the reader:

it allows for the reader to skip sentences and go to the conclusion.

The spaced paragraphs were abolished in the '60/70s by the Frankfurt School of Sociology, when Adorno (Aestetische Theorie) wrote 350 pages without a blank line, and theorized that "the reader must suffer in order to take ideology seriously" Crying or Very sad .

In fact, he wanted his pupils to have to read EVERYTHING because he was so boring he was afraid they'd skip some paragraphs.

He was an academic baron after all, for all his anti-authoritarian attitude. Rolling Eyes

So, physical space consideration is one thing, clarity of mind is another.

The same goes for highlighted text. It's a courtesy to the reader, an invitation to selection.

It means humility, not the opposite.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't accept anyone posting whole paragraphs or posts in capitals and am happy if these posts are deleted immediately.

Concerning spacing I'm completely relaxed, because many posters find a good mixture I can live with, and extremes to both sides are rare.

I would NOT oppose someone saying he needs no Kronos in a Kronos forum, though I probably wouldn't regard this kind of information as anyhow relevant either. Such posts just can be ignored, as long as they don't contain stuff worth discussing.
Terr0rHavok

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop fighting and put his old censored post back, so we can discuss some real stuff.

Paragraphs have their own rules on how they have to be separated, but if he wants to make it clearer for readers, its fine.

Now, im a programmer too but never felt like I had to separate each sentence in a new paragraph.

Ironically, this post is done that way Smile.
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it weird but i strongly agree with Flash on what he said above,
i dont know what was censored but only from what i read after.
ozy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terr0rHavok wrote:
Now, im a programmer too but never felt like I had to separate each sentence in a new paragraph.

Ironically, this post is done that way Smile.

That's the spirit! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Wink
Zeroesque

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vEddY wrote:
xmlguy wrote:

This is a part where we disagree heavily Smile There are people who are or used to be programmers. That's called structured programming Smile Having done a lot of that myself, I just can't help it but to put a "new part" of the post or reply to a new paragraph. Sue me Razz

I don't think structured programming has anything to do with style or formatting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: