Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hang Drum Challenge
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search freestok and waterdrum here they both have some good info on mods and such for the wacedrum. I am using the fyberskin remo head and love it! A lot of texture but it does tend to grab the brushes if you push them along. My favorite skin so far for the wavedrum.
shakuh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bertotti, thanks, and since you have one, is there just one reference for Remo fiberskin, the Ft-0510-00 ?

One thing I wonder, at the center of the head, under the skin, I feel a little bump, probably of the sensor, should it be that way or just at the level or slightly under the level of skin? This is asecond hand WD, though allmost new, and don't know if the owner tweaked it or if ot is original.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pressure sensor is in the midle of the head and mine is bumped as well. And really follow Wavedrummers tuning the head process. I did it like a real drum head and it really limits the use of the head. As for the fyberskin, I only just tossed the box but ordered it from the local music store. I used the PT# from the korg site.

the thread I used
WaveDrummer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shakuh wrote:
is there just one reference for Remo fiberskin, the Ft-0510-00 ?
The correct code is: FA-0510-00.
The "A" refers to Ambassador (med) weight.
There is also an FD model (Diplomat - thin) but I don't think it will work as well on the Wavedrum.

shakuh wrote:
One thing I wonder, at the center of the head, under the skin, I feel a little bump, probably of the sensor, should it be that way or just at the level or slightly under the level of skin?
As Bertotti said, that's the way it's supposed to be. If the pressure sensor didn't push up on the head slightly, it wouldn't work well for pitch-bending and other effects.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't catch that typo sorry.
shakuh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, allways usefull to ask. Merci !
jwdrums

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Love the patch Reply with quote

I would love to get my hands on a hang drum one day but until then this patch rocks.

Thanks,
WaveDrummer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE TO ANYONE SHARING THE WORK IN THIS THREAD WITH THE GENERAL PUBLIC

The original intent of this thread was to share our ideas and to hopefully expand the options available to all Wavedrum users out there. I was glad to do my part and share what I still feel is one of the better sounds that I have come up with. All that being said...

This program has apparently been somewhat popular as multiple videos have popped up with this sound being used. Most recently there is a video that breaks down the editing process, right down to the exact same color coding that I used for clarification. All these videos have one thing in common though—none of them provide a direct link to this thread.

You want to program this sound, play this sound, and enjoy it? Great. That's why I offered it. Trust me, a LOT of work went into creating this program. I do this on my own time, for my own rewards, under the belief that sharing information is the most important and beautiful aspect of the internet. I am not compensated in any way for my contributions here (nor am I asking to be).

However, if you want to share the results with the rest of the world? Then give credit where credit is due. It's not too much to ask, and I would never consider doing the same without giving credit.
Sharing is the whole point. If more people are engaged in the conversation, then hopefully we will all benefit. But that can't happen when the flow of information is broken. And from my end, the information will simply stop.

It's quite easy. Here's the link to this very thread:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=58732

I would like to think that if someone pays enough attention to this forum to benefit from it, then it wouldn't be such a rare event for them to at least share the results that are directly related to their time spent here (and that goes for any and all threads and topics). Randomly discovering those results isn't very rewarding. But that's just me.

Geoffrey Brown
Connecticut, USA

Last edited by WaveDrummer on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Gizmo1300

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject: Due credit Reply with quote

Well said Razz
I for one appreciate your effort and I hope that people can simply acknowledge the effort and skill (one of my favourite sounds on the WD)
Apart from the fact that links back to here will hopefully bring new and interested people in that can contribute
I guess (hope) this is all part of people learning the etiquette of the internet

cheers
EEL337

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you be willing to post audio of these patches? I have a birthday coming up, and I haven't decided on the wavedrum or k-pro. But a convincing hang drum voicing would definitely tip the scales.
WaveDrummer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EEL337 wrote:
Would you be willing to post audio of these patches? I have a birthday coming up, and I haven't decided on the wavedrum or k-pro. But a convincing hang drum voicing would definitely tip the scales.

I wouldn't claim that the program is a "convincing" Hang Drum voicing, but as stated above, it was "inspired" by the Hang Drum. I was attempting to mimic the sound as closely as possible, but there are certain limitations in the process.

If I post something to SoundCloud I'll drop a link in here. But for now, there are a few examples on Youtube of people using the program that should give you a good idea of what it sounds like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: