Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KARO's orchestra & strings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oasys76

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: KARO's orchestra & strings Reply with quote

KSL has close to a gig worth of samples. I wonder if this will be an issue with Kronos' RAM?

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your answer!
I like the orchestral sounds (strings & brass) in the mix!
the choir is also amaizing!

I don't no why Korg ignore the Karo libs???????
one year ago I create a threat with...... Karo samples for streaming please!
no answer from Korg???????

Karo support so much our Oasys with new libs!
hope now they working together with the Kronos, but it's maybe only a dream!

-Oasys76
Lando

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The KSL sounds amazing to me and is a deciding factor for buying a Kronos unless the internal string sounds are this awesome! Highly doubt that tho, seeing as the "amazing string quartet" in one of the movies sounded quite crappy aswell as the bigger orchestra in another of the demo movies.

Anyway, AWESOME JOB Karo, can't belive how a small company like yours can rival the big ones with this exquisite quality!

First post btw, great forum!

Andreas.
EWBR

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: KARO's orchestra & strings Reply with quote

oasys76 wrote:
hope now they working together with the Kronos, but it's maybe only a dream! -Oasys76

Hi oasys76,
It´ s not only a dream...

Korg Kronos VIP Event Scheveningen/NL 2011

No doubt about it: a major highlight of this year's NAMM Show has been the presentation of the brand new Korg Kronos Music Workstation. It has been just a few days ago, on 7 February 2011, when Korg presented their fine topliner to a selected few dealers in Scheveningen/The Netherlands. Korg's Vice President John McCubbery introduced the credo of the instrument to be musically playable with sounds for musicians not for scientists. And this is what Kronos truly is.

It has been our sincere pleasure that KARO Sound Design was also invited. It was Kurt Ader who represented us and who was interviewed on stage before the general audience on our products and cooperation with Korg. In Scheveningen, it was publically released that we at KARO have had a close cooperation with Korg with respect to the Kronos sound design, facilitating the availability of already forteen different sample based KARO libraries - their ancestors being well-known from the Korg OASYS - which have been optimized for the Kronos and will be available shortly after the instrument series commercial release. Meanwhile, Kurt Ader and Peter Jung have been working on the finalization of two further Kronos libs which most probably will also be available from the start.

Link to AMAZONA.DE (Korg Kronos VIP Event Scheveningen/NL 2011) (german language only): http://www.amazona.de/index.php?page=26&file=2&article_id=3295

Best Regards
Oliver

KARO Sound Development
Lando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: KARO's orchestra & strings Reply with quote

EWBR wrote:
oasys76 wrote:
hope now they working together with the Kronos, but it's maybe only a dream! -Oasys76

Hi oasys76,
It´ s not only a dream...

...and lots of more text...

This as great news! Any update on how it will work with Kronos 2GB RAM, does all the EXS:es have to be unloaded for the Symphonic Library to work?
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be nice if close working relationship with Korg and the optimization noted above allowed the KARO libraries to be streamed from SSD?

I can dream.

Busch.
SpIdErWeB

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KARO go great stuff, but I won't buy them if they aren't fully supported as an real EXs with streaming from the SSD...

I keep saying Korg should release a SDK to allow great sound designers such Karo and so on, to build, release and sell new EXs for Oasys and Kronos.

Phil
medusaland

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpIdErWeB wrote:
KARO go great stuff, but I won't buy them if they aren't fully supported as an real EXs with streaming from the SSD...

I keep saying Korg should release a SDK to allow great sound designers such Karo and so on, to build, release and sell new EXs for Oasys and Kronos.

Phil

Hi there,

We are still in contact with the Korgies Idea
let`s see what is going on into the future Cool

Greetings,

Kurt
KARO sound development

http://www.karo-sounds.com
medusaland

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burningbusch wrote:
Wouldn't it be nice if close working relationship with Korg and the optimization noted above allowed the KARO libraries to be streamed from SSD?

I can dream.

Busch.

We are also dreaming Wink

Take care,

Kurt
KARO sound development

PS.: 14 KARO OASYS libraries.., optimized and ready to use in the "KRONOS" Idea

theshinenz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Price Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I am aware that karo does great sounds, but still think it's very expensive, yes an orchestra is expensive to rent but it's not just the orchestra sounds that seem excessive, none of the sound banks are. I think it's great that the sounds are being made and I will be purchasing a Kronos for sure but it would be good if there were programmers about supporting korg also like on the motifator site, it have no problem forking out $50 for a good bank of sounds but $100-$400 usd for samples? Get them all and you could of bought another workstation which at least has tangible value...are there any third parties out there supporting korg with sounds like the key fax site on motifator?

Cheers
Scott
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Price Reply with quote

Song #2 just went up on Youtube (I'll edit my original post).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxscJe4Fmrc

theshinenz wrote:
have no problem forking out $50 for a good bank of sounds but $100-$400 usd for samples?

These are certainly in line with lesser quality stuff like Roland's Symphonic Strings - only 64megs (!) for the Fantom. They list for $349 and still sell at Guitar Center, for $299. I have a Fantom and I still have this card.

Have you priced East/West or Vienna Symphonic?

I have 6 of the KARO libraries. Granted, they are pricey and I've had to use a couple of birthdays and Christmas holidays to obtain them. Very Happy The cool thing is they are quirky and unique. I'm kind of hoping they stay that way.

On the other hand, Korg have some pretty good sounds from their EXB libraries (Choirs, Peter Siedlaczek orch. sounds, etc.) that I would love to see in Kronos.
medusaland

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Price Reply with quote

theshinenz wrote:
Hi guys,
I am aware that karo does great sounds, but still think it's very expensive, yes an orchestra is expensive to rent but it's not just the orchestra sounds that seem excessive, none of the sound banks are. I think it's great that the sounds are being made and I will be purchasing a Kronos for sure but it would be good if there were programmers about supporting korg also like on the motifator site, it have no problem forking out $50 for a good bank of sounds but $100-$400 usd for samples? Get them all and you could of bought another workstation which at least has tangible value...are there any third parties out there supporting korg with sounds like the key fax site on motifator?

Cheers
Scott

Hi Scott,

Sorry but we are not a company like Korg, Roland or Yamaha! KARO are only a 4 man company and we have to split all the cost!
For example, the recording session of the Philharmonic Orchestra Mannheim cost us € 60.000 .- and that is quite a lot of money!
our libraries starts at 79, - €... if our libraries would offer cheaper, we could close the KARO doors! I hope you understand this situation...

Best regards,

Kurt
KARO sound development

medusaland

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Price Reply with quote

Mike Conway wrote:
Song #2 just went up on Youtube (I'll edit my original post).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxscJe4Fmrc

theshinenz wrote:
have no problem forking out $50 for a good bank of sounds but $100-$400 usd for samples?

These are certainly in line with lesser quality stuff like Roland's Symphonic Strings - only 64megs (!) for the Fantom. They list for $349 and still sell at Guitar Center, for $299. I have a Fantom and I still have this card.

Have you priced East/West or Vienna Symphonic?

I have 6 of the KARO libraries. Granted, they are pricey and I've had to use a couple of birthdays and Christmas holidays to obtain them. Very Happy The cool thing is they are quirky and unique. I'm kind of hoping they stay that way.

On the other hand, Korg have some pretty good sounds from their EXB libraries (Choirs, Peter Siedlaczek orch. sounds, etc.) that I would love to see in Kronos.

Thank you Mike Smile

Take care,

Kurt
KARO sound development

theshinenz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Price Reply with quote

Hi Kurt,

I understand somewhat, when producing sounds for the Oasys you have a lot smaller client base therefore you would need to have a hugher price to recoup the cost. Since Kronos was introduced a whole new market has appeared, one which wants the quality without the huge cost. Now you have the opportunity to quadruple + your sales whilst you won't have to outlay a much more as the sounds are already sampled, so I guess thats you're choice but you are cutting yourself out of a whole lot more buyers who are less likely to pay huge prices for samples than say the Oasys community where some might say money is no object. Just my opinio9n anyway.....

Cheers
Scott

Hi Scott,

Sorry but we are not a company like Korg, Roland or Yamaha! KARO are only a 4 man company and we have to split all the cost!
For example, the recording session of the Philharmonic Orchestra Mannheim cost us € 60.000 .- and that is quite a lot of money!
our libraries starts at 79, - €... if our libraries would offer cheaper, we could close the KARO doors! I hope you understand this situation...

Best regards,

Kurt
KARO sound development[/quote]
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SONG #3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHD_WgzVPO0

All 3 are now on Youtube. (Check original post)

Last edited by Mike Conway on Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:01 pm; edited 5 times in total
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

€ 60.000 for orchestra studio rental = $83.000 US dollars.. ??

Sorry but, Karo created this for the Oasys & not for the Kronus, so why risk crashing your software or SSD drive paying $483 adding this to your new keyboard?

Korg I bet will release something soon for a reasonable price. They always do!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: