Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Set List Mode Navigation Question...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blazer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Set List Mode Navigation Question... Reply with quote

Let's say you're in Set List Mode. You press one of the 16 squares on the touch screen and it takes you to a Program, a Combi, or a Song. How do you get back to Set List Mode? And is it 1 or 2 keystrokes to get back?

Thanks
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think set list mode STAYS up until you hit the set list button again regardless how many times you hit a favorite prog/combi/seq.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Blazer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Korg Kronos Launch video (the 54 minute one), you can see Rich going into Program mode and Combi mode. What is not shown is how he gets back to Set List Mode. I doubt that that happens automatically after x amount of seconds, but I could be wrong. Could someone who knows for sure please chime in.

Thank you very much!
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a few videos of him using it. I *THINK* I always see him hit the button going into our out of set mode. I'm not totally positive but that's how I think it should work.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Blazer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, McHale.
I appreciate your responses....
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
There's a few videos of him using it. I *THINK* I always see him hit the button going into our out of set mode. I'm not totally positive but that's how I think it should work.

You're correct.

Just as with other modes, the system stays in Set List mode unless you explicitly go somewhere else.
e.g.:

1. Select Set List Slot 47 (Program I-F 084).
2. Press the Program mode button.
-> System goes to Program mode, with I-F 084 selected.
3. Press the Set List mode button.
-> System goes to Set List mode, with Slot 47 selected.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-
Hi Korg

Wouldnt it be easier if Korg put together a 30 min tutorial for us explaining all these questions asked through out the Kronos section here.

Couldnt Rich do this for us? Just a tutorial on the buttons and the screen, the outputs/inputs etc.

Regards
Billy
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say we should wait until it arrives and then he'll probably make videos based on what questions are left. It's pretty pre-mature now.
danatkorg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

billysynth1 wrote:
-
Hi Korg

Wouldnt it be easier if Korg put together a 30 min tutorial for us explaining all these questions asked through out the Kronos section here.

Couldnt Rich do this for us? Just a tutorial on the buttons and the screen, the outputs/inputs etc.

Regards
Billy

We're planning to have a tutorial video, yes.

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
JimH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I shouldn't piggy-back a different question on this thread, but it's a question about Set List mode. If you look at the 54-minute video at about 20:40, you see a screen showing Set List mode. There are three lines of text for each preset. The middle line is obviously the program/combi number. But what exactly are the first and third lines? In that display, then first line seems to be showing only the engine type. But in the camera shot of the Kronos screen itself at about 21:12 it looks like the first line could be the preset name, which is what you'd expect. What are actually the purposes of the first and third lines?

And my comment is, if the first line is mean to be the preset name, it would be nice if that can be in a larger font than the other two lines. The preset name should stand out more. Better yet, most of the time I might not care at all about anything but the preset name. How about a display mode in which nothing is shown but the preset name? A lot less visual clutter to deal with when playing.

Edit: OK, maybe it was a dumb question because after looking at the introduction video at the Korg website, it looks like the first line is the preset name and the third line is the program/combi name. But I still think the preset name should be bigger.
maxipf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to be the "bad one", because I love my M3 and probably I'll own a Kronos soon, (when it'll be available here in Italy...), but what I've seen on namm video's remember me my old Fantom X (and something of the fantomG), similar "piano mode", smooth transition, set list similar to live mode; one question for Dan: Korg has "take on loan" something from Roland or there is a kind of "agreement" between Korg and Roland to develop this new generation of WS sharing their big knowlegde and "hystory"??
Remember that many people was waiting for the new fantom generation at this Namm, and someone has shared its specificatione, was not like Kronos, but similar in concept...in other hands, may be that korg and roland "borrow" something each other for put on the market this new generation of keyboard sharing the costs?
Sorry for my bad english.....
Max
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing "borrowed" from Roland. Korg's smooth sound transition retains all the effects of all programs involved, whereas on Roland you have to use Live mode, in which you have only up to 8 timbres (16 on Korg) and halved FX power... Roland is clearly weaker in this regard. Also, the method by which the smooth transition is done is completely different.
danatkorg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimH wrote:

Edit: OK, maybe it was a dumb question because after looking at the introduction video at the Korg website, it looks like the first line is the preset name and the third line is the program/combi name. But I still think the preset name should be bigger.

The lines are:

Slot number
Slot name
Prog/Combi/Song bank & number
Prog/Combi/Song name

Slot number and name are in a slightly larger font than the Prog/Combi/Song name and number. We (mostly I) experimented with font sizes, and of course it's a tradeoff between the size of the font and how many characters you can fit into the available space, but they're really pretty big. Each of the slots is a little under 2 inches across.

Best regards,

Dan
Jon Lord

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
Slot number
Slot name
Prog/Combi/Song name
So the slot name is individual/separated from the actual prog/combi name?

danatkorg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Lord wrote:
danatkorg wrote:
Slot number
Slot name
Prog/Combi/Song name
So the slot name is individual/separated from the actual prog/combi name?

Yes. Manual excerpt:

You can name a Slot separately from the name of the Program, Combination, or Song it contains. For instance, if you’re creating a Set List for a gig, you can name the Slots after the section of music in which they’re used, such as “Montana Intro.”

(Re "Montana:" I'm a Zappa fan.)

- Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: