Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changes for me
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Changes for me Reply with quote

I guess it's time to come clean and share some news with all of you, that has been hinted at, but not confirmed.

I no longer work for Korg, so as such I cannot be "the guy to go to" for your problem solving, technical/sales issues, or an official response or help.

My position "was eliminated" back in October, 2010. I stayed on through the end of the year as a consultant to finish the voicing/demos/artist involvement for the KRONOS, something that I really enjoyed being able to help finish, and I am very proud of what we have made for all of you to enjoy.

This is not a petulant "I'm leaving" announcement, as I'm happy to hang around from time to time. You're in good hands with Rich F. and Dan and the other Korgies, so please look to them when you need official help.

I have been here since the start of these forums, and frankly don't feel like completely closing the door on the many friends I have made. I also want to thank Sharp and Daz for all the great things they have done for you, me, and Korg the world around. It's been my pleasure to work with them and to try to help them where I could. I'm looking for a new job right now, and when that happens I'll share the news, if you're interested.

Keep making music - that is the reason we all do what we do, right?

Wink
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read this news somewhere here, but was waiting for it to be confirmed by you. Well, good luck in the search of the new job, i wish you all the best.
Richard
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear your news - however, I'm sure it won't be long before someone as good as you gets another great position. Very Happy

My own thanks for everything you did for the OASYS, despite the gripes I have, they are nothing to do with you or the fact you and your team created what I think remains the best keyboard in the world. Cool

All the very best and thanks again.
The_Rev

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will be missed!
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Jerry,

I was sorry to hear the news, and I wish you the best for the future. As you know Sharp and I have also a new commercial interest, being the main distributor and musical resource production team for the new Lionstracs Groove workstation rack based products. We are busy preparing for launch at Musikmesse.

Best regards,
Rob
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Changes for me Reply with quote

jerrythek wrote:
I guess it's time to come clean and share some news with all of you, that has been hinted at, but not confirmed.
I no longer work for Korg, so as such I cannot be "the guy to go to" for your problem solving, technical/sales issues, or an official response or help.

Hey Jerry,

Yeah, I heard about this in December. Hope you'll find a superb new job that you'll be happy with and that you'll stay in touch with all of us. Whatever may happen, you've got some people here that will always value your input into MI.

Hope to hear from you soon and see you soon somewhere.
Personally? LPI. RHCE, RHCI, RHCX, RHCVA. MCITP 2008 certification done. MCITP Virtualization Administrator done. MCITP Exchange 2010 done. MCITP MS SQL 2008 done. MCT done. MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE:Messaging and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure done. VCP5-DV done. VCI done. MCITP: Sharepoint 2010 Administrator done. VCP5-Cloud done. VCP5-DT done. VCAP5-DCA done. VCP6-DCV done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
CfNorENa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck in the future, and many thanks for helping to make this BY FAR the best, most informative, and friendliest synth forum on the internet.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish you luck Jerry. I've always enjoyed your input around here.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Jerry and thanks for being around here thus far - hope to see your comments around as often as before! The end of an era is the beginning of a new one, that's how I always look at it and life has never disappointed me, so far! Wink
jg::
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry, it's been a pleasure hooking up with you thus far in life - and there's no reason that has to stop! All the best for the future, my friend! Cool

jg::
SoulBe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your support in this forum. Good luck for your future and hopefully you´ll stay with the forum.

best regards
SoulBe
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry, I'm so sorry to hear this. You have been a reliable, stand up guy from the get go and I can personally say you have done a lot for me over the 12 or so years I've known you. I hope you'll stick around and just hang out with us, now that you're officially one of us. I also hope Korg realizes how much you have done for the online community. You were always kind of part of the support package for us. Now we've lost a very valuable resource.

If any of us can do anything for you, please let us know. And if you're ever in the Chicago-land area, please let me know as I at least owe you dinner/drinks for all of the things you have done that went above and beyond.

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
mikemolloyuk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Changes for me Reply with quote

jerrythek wrote:

My position "was eliminated" back in October, 2010. I stayed on through the end of the year as a consultant to finish the voicing/demos/artist involvement for the KRONOS, something that I really enjoyed being able to help finish, and I am very proud of what we have made for all of you to enjoy.

This is not a petulant "I'm leaving" announcement, as I'm happy to hang around from time to time. You're in good hands with Rich F. and Dan and the other Korgies, so please look to them when you need official help.

I have been here since the start of these forums, and frankly don't feel like completely closing the door on the many friends I have made. I also want to thank Sharp and Daz for all the great things they have done for you, me, and Korg the world around. It's been my pleasure to work with them and to try to help them where I could. I'm looking for a new job right now, and when that happens I'll share the news, if you're interested.

Keep making music - that is the reason we all do what we do, right?

Wink

Hi Jerry

Best of luck with the future. I like you continue to contribute to this forum even though I have left Korg. Even though it was my decision to leave due to much unhapiness with the UK division, I still feel Korg as a brand is strong and my opinion still sought.

We all have gained many friends through this forum and most of which we would never have without this common interest.

Its a shame that you were 'eliminated' from the organisation. It seems that they are not interested in keeping the good people who make a difference, rather choosing the option of loosing people who know what they are doing. Strange business decisions are aparent within the Korg organisation.

Regards

Ex Korg UK Technical Support 2002 - 2010

Forum Moderator since 2011

When Words Fail, Music Speaks
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Changes for me Reply with quote

mikemolloyuk wrote:
[
Best of luck with the future. I like you continue to contribute to this forum even though I have left Korg. Even though it was my decision to leave due to much unhapiness with the UK division, I still feel Korg as a brand is strong and my opinion still sought. Its a shame that you were 'eliminated' from the organisation. It seems that they are not interested in keeping the good people who make a difference, rather choosing the option of loosing people who know what they are doing. Strange business decisions are aparent within the Korg organisation.

Yeah well... You seem like a reasonable man, leaving the UK team. Smile Not joking, I really mean that. Not to spit on anyone, but really, having dealt with them a lot in the past, I definitely understand why. Nothing too personal on my part, purely business thing. And, the reality of the situation is - I'm really not surprised that Jerry isn't there anymore. KORG as a company has been making a whole host of strange decisions for years now. I certainly hope they know what they're doing, but somehow I'm losing faith in that.
Personally? LPI. RHCE, RHCI, RHCX, RHCVA. MCITP 2008 certification done. MCITP Virtualization Administrator done. MCITP Exchange 2010 done. MCITP MS SQL 2008 done. MCT done. MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE:Messaging and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure done. VCP5-DV done. VCI done. MCITP: Sharepoint 2010 Administrator done. VCP5-Cloud done. VCP5-DT done. VCAP5-DCA done. VCP6-DCV done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ozy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

best wishes, jerry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: