Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how about a set of mastered samples.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
ozy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did that happen with the second Oasys-88 or with the fifth Oasys-76 of your collection?
Jon Lord

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:
The original TI was OK and AL-1 burns it to ashes. But the new TI|2 is somthing that not only somthing I CAN'T get out of AL-1, but as far as getting somthing to compliment it, I can't recommend a better synth!
Isn't the TI2 same As the original TI except about 25% more DSP power for more polyphony? same sounds, same OS, everything same? Or am i missing something here Smile

jemkeys25

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey sina172,

thanks for responding, so i'm assuming i can do the same with a kronos that your doing with the oasys, since i've been reading that the circiutry is the same on both models?
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
OASYS could NEVER get a texture like that with AL-1! The original TI was OK and AL-1 burns it to ashes. But the new TI|2 is somthing that not only somthing I CAN'T get out of AL-1, but as far as getting somthing to compliment it, I can't recommend a better synth!

Heard it all now... Rolling Eyes

The MK1 and MK2 TI are exactly the same with regards to Engine,the updates for the OS are compatible in both,the MK2 simply has a cosmetic difference and more processing power and thats it.

I would Like to get a desktop for the Live rig rather than take the keyboard out,after demoing a MK2 side by side,with my MK1,other than the polyphony and weight/cosmetics,there was no difference,and you can easily save the polyphony by taking off the effects and various other parameters that eat its processing power in the mk1 Patches are interchangeable and identical so it will be a secondhand MK1 desktop I shall get.

I get the impression you are a rabbit in the headlights type of mentality when it comes to instruments,and you feel socially inferior thats why you have to blag what you don't own,like it gains you some respect or acceptance,You just expose yourself to be a total idiot more than anything,you wish you had all these toys but simply spend time dreaming over them in the shop......everything blows you away.....spare us all the bullshit its starting to wear thin...

Last edited by Kontrol49 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:07 am; edited 3 times in total
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:
TI|2 is in a WHOLE NEW class! Do NOT be fooled by the fact that it has the same interface and a newer look to it!

It's night and day in comparison! Literally! It's WELL worth the $3000 its selling for! This thing is AMAZING!

I had a TI and I sold it because I just wasn't impressed by it after a while. TI|2 is gonna be one of the BEST synths I'll EVER own!

WOW! What a synth! Go play one and you'll see what I'm talking about. WOW! Shocked Laughing Very Happy

I was left speechless after playing it for 3 hours at Guitar Center the other day.

Sina

The Access TI and the Access TI/2 have identical sound. If you A/B them there is no difference. And the information JonLord is referring to comes from official Access statements when introducing the TI2. They would have been the first to point to other sound. It's EXACTLY as Jon Lord described.

The TI2 has a different set of preset sounds and more polyphony. And of course the OS has been updated regularly - but for both synths equally. You can play identical presets with identical sound results on both synths. Even the little TI Snow has the same sound as TI1 and TI2.

DACs only changed from earlier Access Virus versions (C downward; some people still prefer the slightly less bright C "sound").

The rest is fantasy or different headphones Wink
Zeroesque

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:
TI|2 is in a WHOLE NEW class!

I believe the new sounds were mastered...
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina wrote:
The original TI was OK and AL-1 burns it to ashes. But the new TI|2 is somthing that not only somthing I CAN'T get out of AL-1

Virus TI|1 and TI|2 are sonically identical.

Maybe you were comparing different TI operating systems. The TI OS has gone through 4.5 (free) software increments since 2004. Each new revision added a host of new features and synth engines. However a Hypersaw in OS v4.5 still sounds the same as a Hypersaw in OS v1.

TI|1 and TI|2 share the same OS. Furthermore, the TI|2 will never go anywhere the TI|1 wont. The TI|2 is just a refresh of the TI|1. The only three differences between them are new bodywork design, lighter in weight, and 25% DSP (polyphony) boost.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just by the way,
NO other synth "burns the TI to ashes". At least no one I know.

The TI is simply doing extremely well at what it was designed for.
Other VAs are fine in their own way. It seems to me that AL-1 is a great VA, but neither is it able to replace a TI completely nor does the other way round make much sense. I guess the AL-1 may be better for lead sounds, to name a concrete example, with its very good non-aliasing engine up to highest notes. The TI has some other strong points, but I don't want to begin a point by point discussion about that. Both are probably great to use in any keyboarders everyday life.

From my view it makes more sense to use the potential of any one synth you deal with, or to name concrete limitations you struggle with, than to jump to generalising boasting terminology.

All for good, Sina! Wink
ix studio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I master EVERYTHING into my OASYS. I run a 32-Channel Yamaha Mixer into inputs 3 and 4 of the OASYS where I have a LOT of my keyboards connected to. I then use the Optical I/O to the DAW using a Grace m904 in between my RME Fireface 800 and the OASYS. Here's whats interesting

i think this is really just about -re-amping isnt it? yes adding oasys compression aswell etc but ultimately this is often done by people in variable ways.I run all my hardware synths through a Neve stereo preamp , same goes for samples and also softsynths , everything goes through it accept things like Spectrasonics stylus and vsti's that sound like they have been heavily processed with pres and compression etc.

With reference to the idea of ' mastering ' samples i think your confusing ' mastering ' with pre processing.I good example is Spectrasonics stuff , its really heavily processed , the stylus drum loops to a point where you have to avoid almost always any further compression and limiting.

Samples definmately sound better if they are given some body via a good preamp and also via a good valve processor 'sometimes' or ' colouration ' but it depends on the material at hand as to what you use

Personally for synth sample rom i think its better to have good clean and hi def sound but leave the colouration and ' mastering ' or limiting / compression until further down the line.Yes it will make the synth sound ' bigger and maybe better ' out of the box but it confuses things in the production side , i had this countless times with Spectrasonics loops where they have to be mastered seperate from the main parts as they already have such a processed sound and compression.

:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: